1997 Saracen Tufftrax 19" (100% original) £90 Preston, Lancs

Lancastrian

Retro Newbie
A very low mileage bike with all the original components as listed in the 1997 catalogue (see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... n_1997.pdf pages 10, 22&23). The original Ritchey tyres and saddle and Alesa Challenger rims show very little wear

The only defects I can detect are:
- The rear STX-RC shifter isn't functioning (may be a simple fix, I haven't opened it). The front shifter functions but is missing its back cover (see bottom picture below).
- Whilst the original Saracen powdercoat still looks excellent there are a few small stone chips and a little bit of top tube cable rub. The "Tufftrax" sticker is starting to peel.
- The rubbishy original bar grips need replacing.

Thought I'd list it on Retrobike first where somebody might appreciate for what it is rather than have it go to somebody who just wants a cheap bike.

Price £90 collected from Bamber Bridge near Preston, Lancashire. Near M6 Junction 29. Quite flexible regarding collection times. I'm happy to meet in the city centre or at a local railway station if that would be more convenient for the person collecting.

Pics below. Any questions please ask.

Attachments

• Tuff1.jpg
    Tuff1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Tuff2.jpg
    Tuff2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Tuff4.jpg
    Tuff4.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Tuff5.jpg
    Tuff5.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • Tuff6.jpg
    Tuff6.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Tuff7.jpg
    Tuff7.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Tuff8.jpg
    Tuff8.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,056
  • Tuff10.jpg
    Tuff10.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 1,060
But, yeah, if anyone who does know what they are doing is willing to collect and post on someone else's behalf then they are more than welcome. There seems to be a great community spirit on here :)

Re:

I did not hear anything more, so yes it's still available. I'll send you a private message this evening when I've got home and had my tea

Back