1991 Koga Miyata Sky Carbolite frame for sale

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Japanese handbuilt 1991 Koga Miyata Sky Carbolite frame for sale .

Frame size is 18.5 inch or 47 cm, (If you need any more dimensions ,please let me know :) )

Frame has a 1 inch head tube and is a late 1991 rear U brake model.

In beautiful condition, after buying this off retro bike member Remko , I had this built up with full XT M73 Series components , syncros etc, and it rode so so smoothly and easily, it also climbs suprising well for a 1991 bike, I had a set of Tange Switchblades on my build and suited it very well, handling was spot on , if you wanted something a little less direct then the frame would also be suited to a Ritchey logic fork or similar slight curved bladed fork design imho :)

I will be sad to have to say goodbye to this one , but a thin out is well overdue, so this beautiful frame is now looking for a loving home, which to be honest from my point of view is more important than anything else with this transaction, I don't want this frame to be wrecked within a few months, its in such condition it deserves to be cared for, loved and looked after.

The frame is very well manufactured , the lugging, carbon tubing, bonding and welding is considered bulletproof and maybe even overdimensioned, the frame oozes craftsmanship and is a class above other bonded alloy/carbon frames I have seen.

Koga indeed was renowned for over building strength into these frames, with correct usage the frame will last the new owner a lifetime.

The frame is absoloutly free of dents, chainsuck or any form of delaminating or debonding from the alloy lugs :D

All OEM decals are present and correct , however the "Koga Miyata" decal on the drive side chain stay has worn.

This type of Miyata frame has no bonding issues, since that was a specific 1993 Ti-runner and 1995 Sky Carbolite problem.

fullsizeoutput_662_zps1zr4skp4.jpeg
[/UR

Parts included with the frame

Rear XT U brake with, XT 730 front mech, and Original Koga branded saddle

I will pack and send this frame in a suitable cycle box with sufficient padding to avoid any potential damage during shipping,

Priced at £ 150 which is for Uk mainland delivery, Contact me for overseas shipping costs.

Any questions please send me a message or ask on this thread

Ian

Re:

Very nice write upp Ian.
This is a very classy frame and will surely find a new owner.

Re:

Thanks Remko :) Good to hear from you :)

As you know , yourself been the previous lucky owner and knowing just how nice this rides , I can honestly say I'll be sad to see it go after such a short stay with me, however when I bought it from you I did think that It may be slightly too big for me , and I was right unfortunately :(
I can still ride it well , but its not quite agile enough for my riding style, and a new Unicorn is on the horizon, so its time to let someone else have some enjoyment :)

I've really enjoyed owning this, its been a lovely bike to just go out for a ride on :D

Best way I could describe the ride is akin to something that you'd expect Rolls Royce to manufacture if they produced a bicycle , smooth, faultless workmanship, elegant lines and sublime finish, attention to detail and that all important built to last a lifetime feeling :)

anyway ,, here's a couple more pics from when I had it built up :)

Couple of detail shots :)

If anyone has any questions or would like any further photos , sizing, shipping costs etc., please let me know :)

Ian

Back