FS - Pastey Howler, Kona P2s

Handsomedog

Retro Newbie
Pastey Frame and Disc Project 2 still for sale. This combo would make an amazing bike-packing rig.

All items are inclusive of standard postage or you can collect from Darlington area - if you want to collect or would prefer a courier then email me to discuss.

Pastey Howler Frame

18" steel hardtail in Reynolds 853 flavour; 1 1/8th straight headtube, standard QR dropouts, takes a 100-120mm fork. Nice, laid back hardtail for all day riding comfort, which is essentially what it has been used for. Shows all the marks of 10 years of xc-mince use but the powder coat is rock hard so I don't think any of them have gone through to the metal. Rarely crashed and never seriously - I weigh 65kg so it's never been put under serious stress.

Disc and V brake mounts. Unfortunately no rack mounts but Crud catcher bosses under the downtube which is ideal for bike packing and protecting your frame bag from crap.

Fitted with the remains of a completely wrecked headset but will throw in a brand new, never unpacked headset. Also comes with the recommended Salsa seat clamp.

You can look at the original Bike Magic review here: https://bikemagic.com/bikes/pastey-howler.html

This is a lovely bike and ideal for long bridleway days and the occasional trail centre jaunt. It builds up into a really lovely looking bike with proper niche value - something like 100 of these were sold in the UK and you really don't see them very often anymore. I'm selling only because I got a full suss itch and had to scratch it.

£100

Kona Project 2 Disc

Disc (only) version of the P2 in black. Not the triple butted version and possibly suspension corrected to about 80mm. Paint is in pretty poor condition and many of the chips have gone through the metal. 190mm steerer.

£25

Re: FS - Pastey Howler, Kona P2s, Marzocchi marathon

Hi Handsomedog - think I'd like the Marzocchis please (with the bosses if you can find them). Possible interest in the frame too - what size seatpost does it take? Have you ridden it with the longer P2s and if so how does it feel? I'll PM you...

Si F

I've replied to both of you but the messages are sitting in the outbox...

Hopefully they'll send in a bit.

Hi!

Blue P2 still available?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back