retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
SOLD!!!

Forgot about my Kona at work, hiding bikes and frames everywhere! good example and I love it but I have too many bikes getting noticed that were sneaked into RBG towers without the bosses knowledge, well she's spotted a few after deciding to do some potting in the garden and now the trowel is out of reach.... as much as I think this is the nicest Kona I have ever owned I do feel Its a tad small for me so it is for the chop first.

Beautiful splatter blue/white paint is in good condition, it does have some scratches but no dents/dings, decals are in good condition, no missing lettering that I can see and it has remnants of the dealer decal too. sizewise I think its classed as an 18".

I built this from frame/forks up so sourced the Exage 300lx from wherever I could get my hands on it, it does have its original headset which is still going strong albeit a bit pitted, get some duraglit on that and it'll be good for another 20+ years I reckon, STi gears all work fine as do the brakes... trusty U- brake rear will ensure you stop in plenty of time, 300LX chainset is in really good nic coupled to a deore BB and it has exage mountain pedals too, wheels are exage on some weinman /bontrager rims, BCX something or other, stem and bars are as original as dammit and some lovely foam grips finish the steering off, Saddle is a san marco ... its so comfy and Ti rails was used as my works ride for quite a while so tryes are 1.5 slicks to ensure tarmac speed and grip.

not really sure where to go with this so I'll say ....£120 collected from York, open to suggestions

IMAG2590_zpsvg25gsqb.jpg

IMAG2592_zpsaya6r0lj.jpg

IMAG2596_zpsq3l52jqf.jpg

IMAG2593_zpsgvcznhck.jpg

IMAG2597_zpsafnlsl6q.jpg

IMAG2598_zpsmd0bfswp.jpg

IMAG2599_zpsutommkmv.jpg

Re:

al-onestare":y3hwp7kr said:
That's the one I restored a while back :)

Nah mate, bought this as frame only and sourced all the parts from RB members, eBay and bike shop bins ....

Daffy":y3hwp7kr said:
Any chance you'd post? Cheers.

I should be able to ship uk, whereabouts are you based?

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":y89bz9ts said:
al-onestare":y89bz9ts said:

Nah mate, bought this as frame only and sourced all the parts from RB members, eBay and bike shop bins ....

Daffy":y89bz9ts said:

RBG

Nope it's that one, the dealer sticker gives it away. It's been flipped a number of times now.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":8oe3skzj said:
al-onestare":8oe3skzj said:

Daffy":8oe3skzj said:

RBG
I'm in Woodley, Berkshire.

Re:

That's a crazy coincidence. But if I recall when I bought mine the seller said they had a pair. Anyway GLWTS.

Latest posts

Back