1988 Saracen Trekker - Double U brake

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I took a punt on this for a mate of mine, hoping that I'd be able to easily remove the rattle can paint.....I was wrong!
I bought this from the original owner. He painted the frame in rattle can black when he bought it, to deter tea leafs.
What he didn't tell me was that he'd first gone over the original paint with P60 sand paper :roll:
I've not got time to go any further with trying to remove the paint, or to get it re-finished.

So, it's for sale as a 'project' first, but will split if needed (it's in bits already anyway!).
Full MT60 groupset, but with M730 XT U-brakes.
All in decent condition, apart from the 6 speed thumbie, which is a bit ratty. Still works though.
Araya rims that still feel nice and flat, although the rear needs one new spoke.
Frame is 19.5" c to c

£60 collected or £70 posted, within mainland UK

Re:

I'm so tempted by this. Kind of hoping someone else buys it so I don't have to take on another project... :facepalm:

Can you let us know seat tube C-T and top tube C-C?

Re:

Second dibs please, this will save me buying a kona frame for bikepacking, this is perfect!

Re:

Frame, forks, stem, bars and BB now available for £10 collected.
I'm in Poole, Dorset.
I do travel around the South a fair bit with work though, so could maybe deliver by arrangement

Back