Syncros, Suntour, Shimano, Control Tech, more

Re: brakes, stems, posts a few derailleurs. most cheep!

XT RD-M730 Dismantled, cleaned and reassembled. I realize the barrel adjuster is not original spec. I have touched up the black since the photo $15

Assuming that it's small enough to fit into the cheap postage category, would you be happy with twenty bucks posted for this please? :)

The 986 cantis should have some hex spacers that sit at the back - just thought I'd mention it as I can't see them in the pic and wouldn't want you to have to find/post them on after the sale! ;)

elPedro666":1tr1l6fm said:
XT RD-M730 Dismantled, cleaned and reassembled. I realize the barrel adjuster is not original spec. I have touched up the black since the photo $15

Assuming that it's small enough to fit into the cheap postage category, would you be happy with twenty bucks posted for this please? :)

The 986 cantis should have some hex spacers that sit at the back - just thought I'd mention it as I can't see them in the pic and wouldn't want you to have to find/post them on after the sale! ;)

Thanks, yeah I got these from a parts bin. I guess they are useless without those spacers? I did think it was odd that there was no tension adjustment.

I am not sure what you are offering on the derailleur? Are you offering $20 including shipping? Or are you offering to purchase it assuming it will come in sub 500g and thus fall into the $20 shipping category and would therefore be willing to pay the $35 asking price? If it is the later than yes! I'll go for it and if it goes over 500 I'll eat it. if it is the former than no as that would be free plus shipping and I did regrettably pay $15 for this in dirty condition before I spent an hour + cleaning and rebuilding it. Live and learn as they say. This particular lesson doesn't seem to sink in very well though.

cyclotoine":2cbqdgh4 said:
This particular lesson doesn't seem to sink in very well though.

:LOL:
I think you're far from alone in that experience! I was going for $20posted and hoping that it was small/light enough that it would fall into the cheapest postage category, making it only a couple of $ under the asking price. Guess it won't, but if you don't ask... ;)

I was recently told that Onzo HO spacer/tensioners work with 986s - given how many of them crack they might not be so difficult to find :D

elPedro666":kjppg7t5 said:
cyclotoine":kjppg7t5 said:
This particular lesson doesn't seem to sink in very well though.

:LOL:
I think you're far from alone in that experience! I was going for $20posted and hoping that it was small/light enough that it would fall into the cheapest postage category, making it only a couple of $ under the asking price. Guess it won't, but if you don't ask... ;)

I was recently told that Onzo HO spacer/tensioners work with 986s - given how many of them crack they might not be so difficult to find :D

Thanks for the tips!

I am assuming you are in the UK which means cheepest post is $11 for something under 250g. I think it might be pushing it to hope that the weight is under 500g for a rear derailleur packaged, but maybe in a bubble envelope with no additional padding it could sneak in there. Yeah retrobike is not a good place for us NA's to sell small bits, expensive ultra sought after stuff sure, but the other stuff no.

Cheers.

Re: XTR front mechs, stems, posts (syncros, Race face, USE)

Can I have dibs on "XTR M900 28.6 bottom pull NOS $60" pm incoming

Back