Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts**

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

howdy. not really loving the big wheel look on my pick up so my 17" alloys are for sale. fronts are 7" rears are 9. tyres are 205/40/18 all round so nicely stretched on the rears 8) :roll:

loads of life in the tyres, wheels are ok but a few marks. no adapters but you can buy them to fit most cars for £100 to £150. golf ones i bought were £110, previous ones i had (audi ones for my t4 transporter) were £150

looking for £400 for the wheels and tyres or a swap for 16's or bbs split rims with tyres

No longer for sale. They are off on my new mk2!

Last edited by lewis1641 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

pcd? is it 5x100 or 5x112? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:55 am 

5x130 - you need adapters but they are the correct offset (allowing for adapters) and the tyres have been swapped - porsches run quite big tyres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am 
Retro Guru

Hey I had Porker Design 90s on my old minty mk2 golf in grey back in 2002.. never took any decent picswith them on but it looked and drove amazingly! I found 16 were a nice compromise between handling and acceleration

how does yours look??

Last edited by baj on Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am 

i like design 90's - quite subtle. i have now fitted these to my new mk 2 and i think they look awesome -

or it will when its finished!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 am 
Retro Guru

awww yum! that looks great :D

is that jade green? going for the smoothed sides and small bumper look? thats exactly what i planned if i ever got another mk2... also a 225 audi 1.8t lump, KW coilovers, H&R antiroll bars etc.. bloody miss my mk2, the most fun car i've owned, more so than the minis i had as a kid i reckon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:45 am 

it is indeed jade green.

going for full body trim but painting the sills. problem with big wheels is they lift the car so much. painting the sills should make it seem a few inches lower.

suspension is all off my old track car - fully polly bushed, eibach anti roll bars, eibach springs/koni adjustables (the pre coil over set up pf choice!) seam welded bottom arms. handled very well in the old car.

engine's currently a 1.8 8v k-jet but i'm putting the digifant motor in soon. that's been lightened and balanced along with a few little tweaks. pulls 121 bhp at the wheels. doesnt sound too impressive but the power curve is basically a straight line so it pulls pretty hard from low down.

are you into air cooled vw's? this is my interpretation of resto cal. take a 5 door gold in an unpopular colour, make it look, go and handle!

the car looks like it is sitting high in the pic but the arches have all had 2" taken from them. when the trims go back on the stance will be improved.

i love mk 2's nearly as much as my bikes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:02 am 
Retro Guru

I had a very low miles 2.0 8v engine ready for treatment and installation but never got round to it before the kids came along.. the standard 1.8 8v digi was in good shape, though a little lacking in top end grunt on the A roads, but your set up sounds like a subtle beast! 121 at the wheels sounds plenty impressive, thats a touch more than the 16v but with all the low end pull of the 8v = :D

I've only owned VWs for quite a while now, had 71 T2 all standard with empi 5s, the '90 Golf GTI 8v and a few more modern ones.. My mate had a lovely cal look '64 or '66 beetle (can't remember) that would happily take out the chavs in their XR3is and some RS turbos if you caught them by surprise! i drove it a few times, loads of fun, if a little tail happy, it looked like a sleepy beige beetle with the big moon hub caps but it was stupid fast!

I like your plans for the mk2 and thats a nice sus set up, I had sport gas shocks (can't remember the make) -35mm H&R springs and some deep dish 15s on mine, it only had about 80k miles on when i sold it.. went to a guy in nottingham actually, grey big bumper model on a H, H879SSO iirc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:07 am 
Retro Guru

this is probably exactly what i would have if in the market for a swift mk2 again...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1740737.htm

would prefer it in jade green though!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 pm 

that is nice!

there's a couple of guys locally who have a pair of mint mk1's both with modified 20 valve turbo motors in them. one's pushing over 300 ponies.

your old car sounds great.

my car is coming along now. taking it to the bodyshop tonight for its repaint. really looking forward to getting the arches back on so i can see the stance properly. its make or break.

my mate drove it last night and i followed in his 205 gti (golf isnt insured and he has a trade policy). looks pretty hard from behind at the minute with the wide wheels and no bumper.

HOPEFULLY in about 2 weeks i will have a car i can be proud of again. just hope the mrs doesnt use it as a handbrake like she did the other day...