Wanted !! Retro Radio Controlled Car ! Marui Samurai if poss

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have anything retro going in the radio controlled car world ??

Wouldn't mind something like a Tamiya Hotshot, juggernaut, Bigwig etc ... Ideally what Im really after though is a Marui Samurai 4wd !!

If anyone has one ill do pretty much anything to get it !!

Let us know what you have, ta ;)

P.S Samurai pictured below -

Attachments

• Marui samurai.jpg
    Marui samurai.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 576
I got a Tamiya 'Monster beetle' cluttering up space in the garage. Comes with a box of spares, a couple of rechargable batteries (at the car end, not the controller) and a 'quick charger' that plugs into the cigarette lighter of a car. I think it still has all the build instructions with it too.

Don't want a lot for it either (though shipping will probably be quite pricy).

Steve

Team associated RC10 worlds edition, Boxed with all radio gear etc. A host of carbon fibre bits.

Used to belong to some one relatively good at racing, cant remember the name now but I used to have a copy of a magazine (RCMC?) with the car & previous owner featured.... his name is on the body shell, just cant remember who he was.

It is a V. early RC10, late 80's/early 90's

Its in my parents loft.

Is it of interest?

Just had a trip downa google powered memory lane looking at this:
http://www.theshreves.com/rc_stuff/rc10history.htm

Going on Box & description I think mine is a 6035 kit dating from 1990.

I then hit ebay to see if I could find any completed auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Original-Te ... 500wt_1182

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I mean ok that is NOS, but other built up rolling chassis models with box still fetch upto $500 ish it seems. Not sure if the 6035 was rarer than the 6011 in the auction above (most obvious difference being mine had a black chasis)

Deffo going to get the loft ladder out next time I am at the parents house.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sounds like you may wish to get that one on Ebay fella ;)

There quite sort after as it goes so you may be in for a few quid if the loft mice havn't eaten it !!

:D

Just recieved a box of bits from a nice chap here on the forum !!

Could always do with buying more though if anyone has something ;)
That Zakspeed Capri was tempting but a little pricey ish !!

i'm open to swaps on it still :D :D :D

also have a load of spares to go with this inc another almost complete chassis , a few other shells , some sets of wheels and whatever else i can find....

i only "play" with my 2 petrol cars these days so the capri just sits and gathers dust :(

Not sure I have anything of interest to swap bud ? :? Have a little belt driven 4wd glow fuel car if thats of interest ? Fully working and quick but needs tlc cosmeticaly !! Think it has a tatty Dodge Viper body ??

Back