FS: PMC LB-1 studio monitor speakers

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
''...The LB1 was the first compact transmission line monitor developed by PMC back at the beginning of the Nineties. Shortly after PMC installed its first set of the massive BB5 monitors at BBC Maida Vale studios, the LB1 emerged as the Mini-me sibling to these monster monitors.

And the LB1 is still in production, largely unchanged and selling in impressive numbers. It is used in applications that require a reference quality, full range monitor able to fit, due to its tall and thin profile, into almost any work space.

The LB1 is equipped with PMC’s standard 27mm silk soft-dome tweeter and a high power 110mm woofer, fitted with a massive 75mm voice coil.

The LB1 exhibits the characteristic PMC sonics of extended low-frequency response, smooth transition to the mid-range – free of the normal artefacts of a reflex cabinet design, which reveals the stunning transparency, clarity and resolution of the PMC mid-range and HF...''

The LB1 is available in the following versions:

LB1 Classic
LB1 Signature – incorporates a number of technical improvements in construction and crossover, plus a signed certificate of authenticity by the designer Pete Thomas
LB1M – with magnetic shielding
LB1C – Horizontal centre version for 5.1 surround systems
Applications include:

Audio & video edit suites.
High quality Home and Project studios.
Classical music recording and editing.
Specification

• Useable freq response: 35Hz-25kHz
    Peak SPL @ 1M: 114dB
    Sensitivity: 87dB 1W 1m
    Recommended Amp power: 60-250W
    Impedance: 4 Ohm nominal
    Effective line length: 1.7m 5.58ft
    Drive units: LF: 110mm, 75mm voice coil; HF: 27mm fabric soft dome
    Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
    Input connectors: 2 Pairs 4mm Sockets (Bi-Wire or Bi-Amp)
    Finish: Black Ash
    Dimensions: H 533mm 20.98", W 178mm 7.00", D 268mm 10.55"
    Weight (each) 8.5kg 18.7lbs

A cheeky punt but somebody here might be interested.

More info/ pics:

small.jpg

PMC%20LB-1%200501.jpg

will get pics up of the real thing if anybody is interested - 8/10 condition, grills are perfect.

£800 GBP inc. insured UK shipping - genuine offers accepted

always nervous when selling stuff for this amount of money - 'I want my money back' is the phrase I expect to hear within a hour of me spending the money on sweets and comics.

ihad this with a radio i sold on ebay....first timeit sold i had to refund cos the plank didnt read the ad properly.then after faffing about i sold the radio again only to get an email 6 days later complaining it didnt have the cables with it,something i put in large letters on the ad.this time i offered him a few quid to help getting the cables as a good will gesture(im ice like that)......i had avision of me getting slapped by ebay even tho it wasnt my fault....weirdthing was i didnt hear from him again.....waited 2 weeks and didnt touch the money just to be sure...i havent heard anything from him since...money now spent...

actually its the best time to make a bid as everyone else is asleep...often i toy with the idea of staying up and bidding on stuff that ends early inthemorning...send him an email ...to remind him.

Back