Fishing equipment for sale

jimmylad

Retro Guru
Hello all

To help keep the bike funds going I'm selling a couple of fishing rods if anyone is interested.

Firstly I have a Fox Royale Float 13ft rod 1.5lb tc (this is a two piece rod). This really is a lovely float road and has a lovely tip action but has reserve power all the way down the butt. Bought with the intention of doing more float fishing on the river but I lost my place on my local syndicate stretch of the river so not really getting used. Very little use. Cost me just under a £100. Will sell for £50.

Next is a VERY RARE Fox FX series Waggler rod 13ft (mrd065). I simply can not describe how good this rod is. Its a three piece rod that can only be described as being a cut above others. Only used a couple of times and still has the plastic wrap around the butt. The blank features a stunning raised carbon weave and of course full fuji guides. I've had one of my most beautiful common carp to 19.5lb on this so it does have the strength but it is mainly aimed at smaller fish and has a line rating of 2-6lb. Very light and comfy to use. This rod was £160 new (all rods owned since new I should say as well) and can easily stand next to rods like the drennan acolyte. I'd like £80 for this.

Also my much loved Fox Royale Barbel 12ft 2.25tc. Again a lovely rod to use with a beautiful through action. This rod is perfect for so many applications and I've tamed some very big barbel out of the trent with this one. A two piece rod, thee top foot or so is painted white (by design so its not a cheap paint job I have put on it) that helps to spot light bites. I think you can pick these up for around £75 and considering how good the condition is I'd like £50 for this one please.

All rods will come with their original bags which are cleaned (I even wash the rod bags if they get dirty as I like to look after my kit).

I'm based near Nottingham and would rather they are collected or I drop them off but of course I'll post them. If they are to be posted I'll have to buy a rod tube and post them out to you and I suspect a tube and postage should come in at around £10 but we can talk about that if you wish.

Anything I've missed please do ask.

Kind regards

James

I don't know this is a reason to resurrect this old thread, but I have a question. Do you still sell it? Not so long ago I've found both cheap and high quality fishing equipment. For example, there were nice Daiwa JDM reels. And now I want to compare it with other stuff I can find. So if you didn't sell it already, contact me somehow. I think I will need new fishing gear soon, because I'm planning to go fishing in June. I hope they will end quarantine and let everyone out.

Back