Coureur Sporting Cyclist 1958 to 1964 + but club! SOLD

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres a nice collection of Sporting Cyclist magazines from the 1958 to 1964, all in nice condition, theres a couple with missing covers but all are very readable. Obviously these are paper covered magazines not mighty hardback books and have aged accordingly but over all I would say they are very presentable and make a lovely historical document.
If I remember rightly there are 57 copies in total. all have editorial pieces, race reports and lots of period manufacturers adverts.
I bought a big bundle of bike stuff totally blind which I could not really afford thinking that the rosy red Colnago would cover most of the cost meaning these would be the fruit of my efforts. A fine plan until I discovered the Colnago was a random generic frame with a welded up dropout. Alas this has changed my plans somewhat as the mighty mr Barclay must be appeased. Never mind though, win some lose some eh?
I will photograph the rest this evening when I have got my housework done!
There are also quite a few french magazines that go by the name of Butt Club, also a load of tour de france magazines, milan san demo and others. theres a few mid 60's "cycling" magazines, presumable a precursor to cycling weekly. These have not aged quite as well but are still lovely things to read.
You could lose yourself for days in this little lot, many would look great framed.
Looking for £99 for the lot.
Before anybody asks I am not going to split these. They deserve to stay together under one roof as they were the collection of a lovely fellow that kept them safe and dry and cherished for the last 65 years.

REDUCED TO £79

*************************NOW SOLD THANKS****************************************

Attachments

• butt1.jpg
    butt1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 784
  • butt2.jpg
    butt2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 784
  • butt3.jpg
    butt3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 784
  • butt4.jpg
    butt4.jpg