Teeny little lathe for sale £90

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
One for the man shed.
This was a little flight of fancy that I played with for a while then found its way to the back of the cupboard.
I don't know much about this, I bookmarked some info about this which I can no longer find. From memory it dates from the 50''s or 60's. The motor runs smooth smoothly and quietly, it sits on a sturdy hardwood base, runs at two speeds and is tiny. Its a touch bigger than a watchmakers lathe (the egg in the picture is for size reference). Theres a 4 jaw chuck and a pointy thing at the other end that i have never used and don't really know what to do with!
The tool bed is a little wobbly and would benefit from an engineering whizz to fashion a new one.
I have a dial indicator which can go in the box if I can find it (it will need a bracket fashioning in order to fit it to the lathe), I also have a few bits of sharpened tool steel which you may well find a use for.
Must be worth a punt at £90.
I can post within mainland uk for £15 (its heavy!) highlands and islands will be a chunk more i'm afraid.

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 4,225
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,225
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4,225
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 4,225
Potentially interested in the lathe - not really sure what for yet but we used to have some lathes at work (Harrison, Myford & a miniature Toyo) which I used to play around with making bits for cars, bikes, watches etc - whereabouts in Yorkshireland are you? I'm in Leeds :)

Back