Wanted: Psp

cyfa2809":3cs2eft6 said:
Looking for a psp to run cfw. Ideally 1000/1003.

Just out of interest what cfw are you looking to run? Used to run cfw on a PSP a few years back, then that version seemed to dry up with no more updates.

I have a spare. 4gb memory card. White. 2 batteries one of which is pandora. The other battery the case is taped together after I tried making a pandora. Already has CFW on but it has to be reinstalled each time console is switched off properly. Not used it since I had my Vita.
How about £20 posted? Will include sega mega games disc too.

Neil":1k0xbtiu said:
cyfa2809":1k0xbtiu said:
Looking for a psp to run cfw. Ideally 1000/1003.

Just out of interest what cfw are you looking to run? Used to run cfw on a PSP a few years back, then that version seemed to dry up with no more updates.

Sorted now. Ended up with one on 6.60 ME-1.8 which seems to work well. Havent managed to get my psx backups to work yet though.
Would have been looking for m33 or something though but I think that's old news now.

What exactly are you talking about????

Sounds gibberish to me!!

My son has one of the first PSP's so just curious!!!!

:oops:

misteroo":vnumka66 said:

Sounds gibberish to me!!

+1 what are they on about?!? I thought a PSP was a PSP?!

daj":3aqlxvki said:
misteroo":3aqlxvki said:

Sounds gibberish to me!!

After a while of the original PSP being out, an exploit was found, whereby they could install there own version of firmware. This had some functionality improvements, as well as, um, other benefits.

I think some of the exploited weaknesses were fixed in subsequent releases, and I think at least some of the CFW writers were either "cease and desist"-ed, or brought on-board. Truth be told, I didn't really follow it closely enough to keep that up-to-speed with it.

Neil":r2mclnfd said:
daj":r2mclnfd said:
misteroo":r2mclnfd said:

Sounds gibberish to me!!

After a while of the original PSP being out, an exploit was found, whereby they could install there own version of firmware. This had some functionality improvements, as well as, um, other benefits.

I think some of the exploited weaknesses were fixed in subsequent releases, and I think at least some of the CFW writers were either "cease and desist"-ed, or brought on-board. Truth be told, I didn't really follow it closely enough to keep that up-to-speed with it.

Still no clearer!!! What's CFW?

What extra things can it do???

misteroo":3amwouen said:
Neil":3amwouen said:
daj":3amwouen said:

Still no clearer!!! What's CFW?
Custom FirmWare.
misteroo":3amwouen said:
What extra things can it do???
Have more usable control of the hardware, like the whats-it optical drive thing the original PSPs had.

So you can store backups of your legally owned games and run them off flash media, rather than having to take lots of those little disk things everywhere...

Back