Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:02 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts**

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Here we have my Gerber Suspension multi-tool that's now surplus to requirements due to an imminent new multi-tool arrival (a SOG).

It's nicely made & in good condition with no external scratches/damage that I can see. Build quality is good, there's no significant slop/wear to the hinges & all the blades & tools lock/unlock as they should. The knives, saw & scissors are still sharp but the plain knife shows a few marks at the end. I've had it a good few years & have used it a fair few times - mainly backstage at the theatre but also whilst working on my car & bike - & there's years of life left in it.

Tools include:
Pliers (sprung jaws) with wire cutter & wire stripper.
Knife blade x 2 - 1 is serrated, the other plain (both still sharp though the plain blade shows signs of use).
Scissors - small but effective.
Saw blade.
Bottle opener with small blade - useful for opening boxes.
Mini flat screwdriver.
Large flat screwdriver.
Philips screwdriver.
It also comes with a nylon belt pouch & an adaptor with some extra bits, the adaptor fits on the Philips screwdriver & allows you to use standard hex bits. The design of this tool allows the user to access the tools without opening the pliers which is a nice touch, I think, & makes the tool easier & quicker to use.

For example to access the Philips screwdriver on my L/man Wave I have to unfold the thing, find the screwdriver, open it from the handle & then either fold the tool up again or use the tool with the pliers open. On the Suspension I can just find the required tool & open it without opening/closing the whole tool. .

After a (very) quick search on Google the cheapest Suspension I can find is £33, the cheapest set adapter/bit set is £20ish.

I'd like £35 for everything - multi-tool, adapter, bits & pouch - & I'll pay postage (RMSD).

UK sales only please & I'd like payment by Paypal gift please (need to get some dosh back into my account).

I have good feedback on Ebay (username: pauluspaolo) - many thanks for looking :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:12 am 
Dirt Disciple

It has been bought to my attention on another forum that these are available on Amazon for £23 (tool) & £9.95 (bits) therefore I'm reducing the price of mine to £25 for everything with recorded Delivery (within the UK ) included.

Please send me a PM if you're interested - many thanks for looking :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

This is now on hold - many thanks :)