1998 Subaru legacy 2.5 4CAM spares, repair or VW conversion

JamesM

Senior Retro Guru
1998 R reg. Subaru Legacy 2.5 4CAM AWD Estate, Manual, Metalic Blue, 115000 miles. MOT'd till end of January but no tax.

I'm selling it as Spares or repair as it has a suspected headgasket problem. I think there is a bit of water in the oil. The car starts and drives but I wouldn't want to take it far just incase, hence why it's now off the road.

I'm the third owner and have had it since Jan 2006 and 80000 miles.

It's in average condition and has a bit of rust here and there, it's had
some light knocks over the years evident by a few panels not being briliantly colour matched. One of the speakers is blown and the boot lock locks but doesn't unlock with the central locking. Air con doesn't work and the gear stick doesn't spring to the middle from 1st/2nd. There is probably a few other bits and pieces too that I can't remember right now.

it had an API exchange engine at 67000 miles probably due to the piston slap issue that affected cars of this era. In the time I've owned the car it's had regualr oil changes (every 4k to 5k) and in the last 15,000 miles has
had new plugs, leads, coil pack, airflow meter, knock sensor, cambelt kit and water pump.

The leather is in good condition as is the Momo wheel.

The car is in the Bristol area.

I'm looking for £650 ono.

Back