iPhone 5

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I know that we're not supposed to list things for sale unless they're in our possession. However, as the iPhone 5 isn't released until next Friday (21st September), I thought I would put this thread up now.

Basically, I pre-ordered an iPhone 5 from the Apple website yesterday morning, which is being delivered on the 21st September.

I had all sorts of issues ordering (largely down to the demand on the Apple website, and partly down to the fact that I was in an area with pretty poor signal, so found myself re-submitting an order after I thought it had failed). It now turns out that I seem to have ordered 2 phones. There is a pending charge on my savings account which would certainly account for it, and I've had 2 order confirmations from Apple.

I can quite easily ring Apple and cancel one of the pre-orders, but seeing as delivery on them is now 2 weeks+ (except on early pre-orders like mine), I thought I'd see if anyone wanted the second one which I ordered. I'd send it out on the 21st September, as soon as I receive it.

It's a white 16gb version. (£529 on the Apple website).

Obviously I don't want paying until I've actually got it in my possession, and I'll take all the necessary photos etc before I send it. It will be sealed and unopened, and unlocked to any UK 3G/4G network. It will come with the full 12 month Apple warranty as it will be unregistered (warranty takes effect from the day you register it).

£535 posted (£529 handset cost plus £6 for postage via RM Special Delivery).

I've attached a generic picture below. Just reply on here if you're interested, and I'll contact each of you in turn when the phone arrives to see if you still want it.

To clarify, I do not want any form of payment until the iPhone is in my possession. Thanks.

apple-iphone-5-white-all-sides.jpg

Update:

I've just had an order update email from Apple. The second phone I ordered falls in to the "2 weeks delivery" basket now (delivery has been pushed back), so I'm just going to get a refund on it.

Sorry for any confusion :oops:

Harryburgundy":39m8o282 said:
Thought you were going to buy a vastly superior and cheaper Samsung :D

I was. But we have an iPad as our only 'computer' at the moment I figured that it makes more sense for me to stay with Apple for the phone as well as it makes syncing and sharing photos etc much easier, plus it's an OS that I'm more familiar with.

That's not to say for one minute that I believe the iPhone is in any way better than one of the new crop of Samsungs or HTCs - I already know that it's not ;)

cyfa2809":11xhedma said:
An Apple fan walks into a bar....
Orders the same drink as yesterday, but pays more.

:LOL:

Considering those specs, I'm surprised they didn't call it the iPhail.

Joking aside, I just bought a new phone after a friend of mine managed to drop mine and break the digitizer.
Had to resort to eBay to still find an unused original HTC Desire, but I got it now. Android 2.2 is good enough for me and the phone has all the processing power I need.
I'll let the others work out how to combine quadcores with small batteries, I'm perfectly happy with a less powerful phone that actually fits my hand.

theredchili":3smdurmm said:
Two iPhones walk into a bar, iforget the rest :LOL:

Theres an app for that!

I agree with bulls here. I was quite into soft mods on phones and did lots to my current phone - sony ericcson vivaz - and then just lost interest really. Only use it for text and mp3 player so dont see the point in upgrading.

Mrs got a blackberry 9900 touch and keyboard thing which i vowed never to touch and blackberry and i havent despite here efforts.
And i always call it a brick as it is.
I laugh at peoples massive phones! Silly silly things.

cyfa2809":9zib3nt9 said:
theredchili":9zib3nt9 said:
Two iPhones walk into a bar, iforget the rest :LOL:

Theres an app for that!

I agree with bulls here. I was quite into soft mods on phones and did lots to my current phone - sony ericcson vivaz - and then just lost interest really. Only use it for text and mp3 player so dont see the point in upgrading.

Mrs got a blackberry 9900 touch and keyboard thing which i vowed never to touch and blackberry and i havent despite here efforts.
And i always call it a brick as it is.
I laugh at peoples massive phones! Silly silly things.

The iPhone 5 only has 4 inches though. Comparatively tiny by today's standards ;)

Back