SWAP: MacBook Pro for MacBook Air

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I absolutely love my MacBook Pro, but I just don't use it often enough and I don't think I've ever used the CD/DVD drive on it, so I'm looking to downsize a little bit and I'm after a MacBook Air.

Here's the spec for mine:

MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2011)
Intel Core i5 2.3ghz Processor
350GB Hard Drive
4GB DDR3 RAM
Mac OS X Lion (10.7.3)

It's in excellent condition. It does have one small mark to the aluminium casing (on the front edge), but this does not affect the performance at all and it isn't really noticeable. Screen, Keyboard, Trackpad and Battery are all perfect, and it comes in the original box with all of the original accessories. I bought it from another forum member ('iWish') a few months back.

I'm after a 2011 MacBook Air, either 11.6" or 13.3". I'd look to do a straight swap but cash either way could also be factored in if required.

I know it's a long shot, but if you don't ask you never know!

Can supply plenty of pictures so just let me know :)

Interesting! I've bought a Macbook Air recently as I couldn't afford a Macbook Pro. I'm tempted but if I was you I'd stick with the Pro as it's a hugely superior machine.

And maybe ask about the processor as opposed to the date as my Air is a 2011 but is a dual core as opposed to an i3 or i5 processor.

Tazio":mznshr3q said:
Interesting! I've bought a Macbook Air recently as I couldn't afford a Macbook Pro. I'm tempted but if I was you I'd stick with the Pro as it's a hugely superior machine.

And maybe ask about the processor as opposed to the date as my Air is a 2011 but is a dual core as opposed to an i3 or i5 processor.

I've swapped it now. I've got the entry level 11.6" MacBook Air (i5, 2GB RAM, 64GB SSD). I've got a 500GB external hard drive which I keep all my bulky stuff on and I never used the optical drive on the Pro, so I don't miss it.

I love it :) - it suits my needs a lot better and the screen is actually a little bit sharper than my 13" 2011 Pro. (1366 x 768 in an 11.6" screen as opposed to 1280 x 800 on the Pro).

Back