WTD PS3 please

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
so my PS3 has thrown in the towel and i'm on the hunt for a new one. Must be nearly new condition please. Thanks.

Wow thats the 1st ps3 i have heard about dying :shock: Have you tried your local cash convertors? They usually have a few, especially round this time the doleys are skint and xmas pressies are cashed in :D

poweredbypies":dfjhdry0 said:
Wow thats the 1st ps3 i have heard about dying :shock: Have you tried your local cash convertors? They usually have a few, especially round this time the doleys are skint and xmas pressies are cashed in :D

Havent you heard of yellow line of death?

poweredbypies":2p2kzmer said:

well its not dead as it still powers up but it doesnt read any discs. i've done plenty of google searches and the consensus on this is that its the disc reader. Its well out of warranty but has lead a sheltered life so am a bit miffed. I took it to the local shop where the guy wanted £70 to fix it, took it to another shop and this guy told me its a very common problem as you can tell as soon as you start typing "ps3 not reading discs" into google. He was honest enough to tell me that he could fix it but once it goes it might work for a while but it could also go again 3 months down the line. Sony will do a trade in like for like for £110 but its the 40gb version i have and was thinking i wouldnt mind the 160gb or even 320gb slimline number :D

Have heard of the yellow light of death and such but not personally known anyones go down. I have the 320gb slim but I prefer the look of the earlier chunky/gloss black ones. They just look so much nicer.

Do they still sell the 4gb ones? It may be a case of next best thing if not?

I would get hold of them and see if you can put in the extra etc.

poweredbypies":xowztvox said:
Have heard of the yellow light of death and such but not personally known anyones go down. I have the 320gb slim but I prefer the look of the earlier chunky/gloss black ones. They just look so much nicer.

Yeah ,
I had a launch model 60gb , it suffered Ylod after about 18 months of use

Managed to sell it on ebay and im sure the lad was able to repair it

But the first shiney ones are WAAYY better looking in my opinion :cool:

I've 'reflowed' a few....all have worked fine afterwards....It's not that difficult when you find the youtbe cclips and print out the instructions!

Have a go.....what have you got to lose?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back