1970 VW Karmann Ghia - £7995

keithb

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1970 RHD Karmann Ghia. - £7995

Original 1500cc engine, dry weather use, always garaged and covered, 97k miles, MOT until August 19th, adjustable front beam, no expense spared if it needed something it would get it. :D

ghia_01.jpg

ghia_02.jpg

ghia_07.jpg

ghia_03.jpg

ghia_04.jpg

ghia_05.jpg

I bought it 2 years ago in a fairly good and straight condition, it was restored and tidied about 3 years ago by the previous owner.

Since I've taken ownership the KG has received the following work/new parts;

Re-furbed bumpers front and rear with stainless fixings, new rubber seals and re-painted iron work (bumper backs rust protected and painted).
New nosegrill rubber seals and refurbed grills.
New clear indicator lens and chrome bulbs.
Re-furbed nose badge with new rubber seal.
New Halogen headlights.
New hood seal.
Re-furbed hood area, including fuel tank and fuel line restoration (new sender and all pipework). Under hood electrics tidied and fixed where broken, new dash bulbs, and new fuel filler rubber hoses (no fuel smells). All under hood details cleaned and tidied.
New Horn rubber seal.
New steering box and urethane linkage joint.
Re-furbed wheels (x5) and new wide 5 hubcaps. New 135 front tyres and immaculate 145 rears. Pin stripe wheel decals added.
New registration plates (f+r), rear is now adhered to engine lid and the front is custom mounted to the front bumper (no holes drilled in bumper)
New rear light rubber seals
New rear quarter light pins (rusted chrome pins replaced with stainless)
FULL door/door shut rubber seal set and window seal/fixings set (not yet fitted but included in sale if price is met)
New headlight and taillight bulbs.

Extensively serviced and original engine. Full carb rebuild (so OE carb is retained), new plugs/leads, new rocker covers/seals and straps.
New engine lid rubber seal.
New battery.
New engine floor rubber seal (not yet fitted but included in sale if price is met)

Bambus parcel shelf.
New window winders.
New alloy door lock pins.
New door lever back plates.
New door striker pins, rubbers straps and rollers.
New floor mats.
New OE pedal rubbers (I tried none OE and they were rubbish and kept falling off)
New Handbrake rubber cover
Repainted handbrake and gear stick.

FULLY Bilt Hamber waxoyled. Every nook and cranny has been properly coated in waxoyl. Interior cavities also fully treated and protected in Bilt Hamber waxoyl. The door internals have also been properly waxoyled and treated.

ghia_08.jpg

ghia_09.jpg

ghia_10.jpg

ghia_11.jpg

As stated sale includes a full set of door and door shut rubber seals, a full set of door top/window channel rubbers and mounting hardware, a rear engine floor rubber seal and a top quality Car cover (interior use only).

ghia_06.jpg

£7995

Sarcasm

Why on earth are you selling - keep it, it's lovely and you know you'll be hard pressed to ever find another as good as this one. If you do sell it you are as mad as a box of frogs.

Mine will not be looking as original as that when it's done - Subaru 2.5 wasserboxer power, custom suspension to make it a fast reliable road car for everyday use. I recon a 3/4 year build.

Or we could just swap? :D

i wish i had the cash, that is absolutely stunning.

without doubt the best looking coupe ever made (well maybe a little bit of doubt!)

good lick with the sale, i hope it is because you have something even better and not because you have to

I don't have to so if it doesn't sell I'll keep it. Its just the wifey and I want a 356 replica and I don't have the space for another classic. :)

Back