SOLD: Two 35mm SLR cameras

JohnH

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got to clear some space, so it's time to sell things that don't get used very often. I'm starting with a couple of cameras and I've priced them to sell...

Olympus OM20 with 28mm f/2.8 lens

Great little camera from the 1980s; just like the aperture-priority OM10 but with a manual mode as well. Some secondhand cameras from the 80s can look a little bit grubby. However, this camera is in a lovely clean condition, as you can see in the photos below...

5707735320_b3dc1fb80b_z.jpg

The lens is made by Clubman which isn't an upmarket brand, but nonetheless the lens functions perfectly and is clear of fungus or scratches.

5707735326_3d7871f271_z.jpg

I've run film thru the camera and can verify that it takes clear, sharp and correctly exposed photos. (I was going to say 'great' photos, but that would exaggerate my own photographic ability! :D ;) )

5707735336_13d0533e60_z.jpg

The camera comes with a user manual, front lens cap and strap...

5707735334_9733a8ace3_z.jpg

I'll smother the camera in lots and lots of bubble-wrap and send it in a strong cardboard box.

Price: £19 + £6 P&P (Royal Mail 1st Class "Signed For")

Canon EOS 500n body

I had planned to switch from my current 35mm system (Minolta Dynax) to the Canon EOS system to avoid "upgrading" to Sony's kit when I went digital. So I bought this EOS 500n body cheaply from eBay.

But since then, I've changed plans again... :roll: ...and I've now got my eyes on Pentax dSLRs. So I never got to use this EOS body! :oops:

5707157565_e9c64256eb_z.jpg

Again, the camera is in great cosmetic condition as you can see in the photos, and is probably the lightest camera body I've ever picked up.

5707157557_4ff96e9c35_z.jpg

I didn't buy a lens for this body, so I've never run a film thru it.

5707157569_8777432c22_z.jpg

However, when it is switched on, the camera comes to life and can meter light levels with a suggested shutter speed when the lens cap is removed. I've no reason to believe that it wouldn't perform perfectly with a lens attached.

5707157575_a5fc41d25d_z.jpg

The camera comes with a body cap, Canon strap & two CR123 batteries and will be smothered in lots and lots of bubble-wrap before being sent in a strong cardboard box.

Price: £6 + £4 P&P (Royal Mail 1st Class "Signed For")

For payment, I prefer the usual PayPal gift method, although I'm open to suggestions (cheques, Zimbabwean dollars, Sunday leftovers, etc. :) ). Please reply to this thread if you want to buy and then PM me. Thanks chaps! :D

SouthCoastRetro":2ghhtj72 said:
A cheeky type of 'only got £9 left in the paypal' kinda bump for the canon? ;)
Okay SCR, £9 will be fine! :D I'll PM you...

OM20 sold to Agency Scum. :cool:

EOS 500n sold (and posted ;) ) to SouthCoastRetro.

hamster":1zdlrgax said:
It's bonkers how such quality kit is worth buttons these days. :shock:
You're not wrong, hamster. I first got into photography when I was 15, back in 1987. At the time, the beginner's SLR cameras from the major brands -- e.g. Minolta X-300, Olympus OM10, Nikon FG-20 -- were all priced around the £130 mark (In today's money, that's £281!!! :shock: ). But take a look at eBay, and as you say, nowadays they're selling for buttons...

But looking on the bright side, if you have the means to scan negs or slides into your computer at around 20 megapixels or more, you can think of your 35mm camera as a full-frame dSLR! ;) :cool:

Back