Audi Typ 85 Coupe GT sale. Trade for bike/s

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Welcome to the regretable sale of my very recently aquired 2.2 Coupe GT.
My wife absolutely hates it, she did say and I ignored her..thinking it would grow on her..it has not.
And I cannot bear the hassle, nor frosty attitude since she has been here. and the reason I now have 2 classics....

86 2.2 ( 136bhp ) GT model in Oceanic blue with Brighton cloth interior, with PAS, CL and EW.

Purchased recently from a local garage where it had been traded in.

AudiGT2011_0328_163614.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163508.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163554.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163438.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163404.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163526.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163340.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163316.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163304.jpg

AudiGT2011_0228_145840.jpg

AudiGT2011_0328_163236.jpg

AudiGT2011_0228_145755.jpg

The car is in VGC for its age, the interior in particular is excellent.
I have spent the short time of my ownership, cleaning, detailing, tightening, oiling, checking and spending.
The 2nd & long term keeper used the service book to keep a record of the work done..and the oil and filter appear to have been changed every 3000mls.
The MOTs were done at the same garage by the same person from 89 to 2005, these are present and provide providence of the mileage, which at 94K appears genuine.

I had the car checked over at my local Audi dealership, they also serviced the car and fitted 4 new Continental tyres to the 14" Ronals. The car came to me with some awful ( IMO ) aftermarket Fox alloys...the tyres are decent on these and will be included in the sale.
I Replaced the lights, as the reflector backing was worn off on main. Added mats, and 6mths tax.

Bodywork is very good, evidence of a previous professional partial respray...the Audi Technicians found no discernable corrosion, and concluded that overall the car was in pretty remarkable condition.

Oil and filters were changed, other fluids checked and topped up/bled
New distributor cap,rotor arm, plugs.
I also ordered and fitted 4 wheel centre caps, both the seat knobs & clips, a new gear knob.

They did note a few issues, these were.

Drive belt perished ( replaced )
Front pipe blowing at branch. ( I have ordered a new one which will be included in sale )
Brake hose perished. The rubber is cracked, but its fine.

In addition to the above, the recent rain found its way into the boot, I have checked the seals around the boot , lights etc...and tightened down the latch. I am hoping this will cure the slight ingress. Also the car has numerous keys, having had replacement doors looks etc during its lifetime, a little annoying, but the CL works fine, as do the the electric windows, whose runners I have greased up.

Also occasional and for no apperant reason the oil warning light buzzer comes on/sounds. The level is fine, the oil pressure is buried to the right on the gauge, I have checked the connections. It only seems to do this if I have done a couple of short stop start trips...ie shops and back.

Seems to be a common problem on VAG cars of the era...in fact my MKII Golf GTI 8v did the same.

The indicators make the voltage gauge flick back and forward, and the battery light flicker dimly when the lights are on....I have checked all the earths connections, and have concluded its something to do with the working, but aging Spyball alarm.
Lower front spoilers grilles are missing, and has mesh panel fitted instead and the front bumper seems a little lower on one side. NS rear panel has a small dent in the corner, and the side skirts have lost a little paint and bubbled in places...

Radio reception is rubbish, ( radio not inc ) so I suspect the mast amp has gone, and the clutch fluid reservior is cracked, though not leaking at all. The fitted towbar is not wired in.

The car has had a lot of recent parts, including but not limited to, Radiator, discs, pads all round, exhaust, rear shocks, wishbone.

It drives very well, pulls strongly, 2nd crunches a little when cold..but soon stops.
Ready to drive and enjoy as she is, though could be improved with a small amount of detail work

I paid £1300 and I have spent over £700 on her already, but she needs to go, and go quick.

Sold locally

I hope thats enough info, but please contact me for a chat if you require more. :( :(

there is barely 10% of the asking price in my Paypal account and I'm all out of kidneys.

So no, not for me sadly.

that looks lovely.
i had one of these back before they were retro, 1997 i think. it was older than that with over 250,000 miles on it. a bit of a shed tbh but it only cost £300.

alas i wrote it off within 3 hours :eek: when i hit some germans in a fiesta at the lights, if only my breaks had had the same performance as the engine.

i was only 22 at the time and it took a while for my insurance premiums to recover. on the audi i was paying £1800 £rd party on a £300 car, ouch.

i would love to buy it buy i think my missus aggrees with yours.....

That looks a beauty! just a shame I don't have the funds/space/understanding wife:) or I would bite your hand off.

Good look with the sale.

Oh and a free bump.

That is fecking cool... understand completely about the wife not comin' round to liking it... have had plenty of similar experiences; I still haven't learned. Wishful thinking!

I like it, and depending on where I end up for my next job I will be needing a car. I am torn between buying something cheap and interesting or just following the crowed and rolling down to the BMW dealership with an open invitation for them to rape my bank account.

If I had some where to keep a car off the road, and work on it...the decision would be so much easier!

Back