Motorola 9505

Andy R

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, as my travelling to out-of-the-way places days are pretty much over I don't really have a need for this stuff so it might as well be sold as just lie around unused.
A bit of a niche item but you never know.....

Anyway, I thought I'd list in on here before it goes to the 'bay.

Motorola 9505 Satellite Series 'phone for the Iridium satellite network, complete with -

Leather case.
Wrist strap.
AC power supply/battery charger with universal adapter.
1 x 1900 mAh lithium ion battery (I have another, if I can find it).
Car power supply/charger.
Magnetic car roof antenna (part#SYN7391A)
Antenna Adapter (part#SYN0089A).
RS232 data port adapter (no cable or software).
Stand for use with above.

All in good, clean fully working condition - it has, of course, been used but well looked after. The only points that really need mentioning are that the insulation on the AC adapter cable has cracked in several places and been repaired with tape (this is the outer sheath only, not the inner cables) and the rubber boot where the cable leaves the car charger has also suffered from some perishing. I can supply an extra photographs of this or any other details.
There's a pre-paid SIM in the phone, but obviously this has expired anyway.

These things cost a fair bit when new but I'd look at offers around £400.

Any questions, just ask.

Attachments

• Motorola-3a.jpg
    Motorola-3a.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Motorola-1a.jpg
    Motorola-1a.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 246
I don't mean to be rude but..

What makes it worth £400? :oops: It doesn't look like a modern phone or anything, I don't understand..

mikeekim89":23wds1cy said:
I don't mean to be rude but..

What makes it worth £400? :oops: It doesn't look like a modern phone or anything, I don't understand..

Priced a satellite mobile lately? This isn't a cellphone....

instead of relying on network , it uses satellites to pick up a signal , so it works everywhere , in middle of sea or wherever .

Yes, instead of communicating with a satellite via local network mast and then to ground station it communicates with the satellite network (in this case the Iridium constellation) directly.
As long as it has a clear view of the sky it has coverage - the middle of the Pacific, Afghanistan, wherever.
Expensive to run ($400 for 120 minutes or something like that) but it's a horses for courses kind of thing.

Back