Retro Hi Fi lots of Shiny Aluminium

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For aluminium lovers

Price includes Postage in Mainland UK. This stuff is heavy :cool: so please be mindful that they will cost around £10 or more to post each

These three units are over 30 years old and are from the age when Aluminium was king and switches went 'clunk' :cool:. The first two are in really good working and cosmetic condition. The warm glow of the lights and the VU meters is just a really cool sight in a darkened room. The last one works and everything lights up but the case isn't so good looking. A quick rattle can job will sort this.

First Up

TECHNICS SA-5270 Stereo Receiver £35

Technics SA-5270 Receiver From 1977, It features 35 watts per channel and a total harmonic distortion of .3%. The fuse type light bulbs are missing (easily replaced) and the rear feet are missing from underneath (again easy replacement). Looks very nice, faceplate is in excellent condition and cabinet is not too bad. I've plugged a set of headphones in and it sounds good. This is a 34 year old piece of technology very Retro has even still got the 'Made in Japan' sticker

PIONEER SX-590 Stereo Receiver £65

Very nice cosmetic condition. One or two small marks but not noticeable unless under close scrutiny. 20 watts RMS per channel. Everything works, all the lights illuminate, VU Meters are very nice. Dimensions: 435 x 145 x 314 mm, Weight: 8,3 kg

Inputs; Phono, Tape and Aux - will take input from iPod/MP3 players,CD drives etc. Outputs; Will drive 2 sets of speakers, Headphones

PIONEER CT-F4040 Cassette Deck £45

Nice cosmetic condition, Pioneer Brushed Metal finish Front. Black case. Tested today and working, everything lights up and playback is very good. The Re-Wind is weak so can stall with stiff tapes. The unit comes in the original box with original instructions. Weight 8.5kg

PIONEER CT-F4040 Cassette Deck £30 (no pics yet EDIT Pics added BELOW)

Same as above, cosmetic condition is not as good. Rust spots on top of case (easy fix with some Black Plasticote Paint). Small scratch on input level knob, will probably polish out. Internally very very clean

SONY PS-X35 Full Automatic Turntable £40

Reasonable condition, few scuffs here and there, put it up the attic 2 years ago. Was working fine, but I cut the damn plug off so I can't test it. Haven't got any vinyl no more :( Sell as Spare / Repair (99% sure it will work fine)

ARISTON Pro 1200 Turntable £35

Reasonable condition, few scuffs here and there, put it up the attic 2 years ago. Was working fine, Powers up and all controls functioning. Unable to test condition of stylus as I haven't got any vinyl no more :( Sell as Spare / Repair (99% sure it will work fine). Veneer peeling slightly on right rear bottom corner, will glue back down. This is Heavy as hell !!

Realistic Speakers £20

Walnut Veneer, few marks here and there, would benefit from being oiled. Don't know model number so not really sure what wattage these are. They do work and sound ok, haven't pushed them too far mind. Perfect for the man cave

AKAI CDR-160W £35

Original box. Manuals and Remote are currently hiding from me. To quote Last of the Mohicans 'I will find you!'

Here's the pics

Technics SA-5270 Receiver

CIMG6421.jpg

CIMG6422.jpg

CIMG6424.jpg

CIMG6426.jpg

CIMG6427.jpg

CIMG6425.jpg

Pioneer SX-590 Receiver

CIMG6402.jpg

CIMG6399.jpg

CIMG6408.jpg

PIONEER CT-F4040 Cassette Deck

CIMG6361.jpg

CIMG6366.jpg

CIMG6365.jpg

CIMG6367.jpg

CIMG6370.jpg

CIMG6395.jpg

PIONEER CT-F4040 Cassette Deck (the one with a bit of rust)

CIMG6409.jpg

CIMG6410.jpg

Sony PS-X35 Turntable

CIMG6385.jpg

CIMG6386.jpg

CIMG6387.jpg

Ariston Pro-1200 Turntable

CIMG6392.jpg

CIMG6391.jpg

CIMG6393.jpg

CIMG6394.jpg

Realistic Speakers

CIMG6383.jpg

CIMG6384.jpg

AKAI CDR-160W

Akai-1.jpg

Quite interested in the cheaper cassette deck for my studio to get some tape saturation to certain tracks.

Does it have Line in and outs etc?

Latest posts

Back