lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi mate is selling a 2005 (54 plate) rx8 in metallic blue. stunning car and fantastic to drive. 77k full mazda history, taxed and tested. but...

sadly it has hot start issues. it starts fine from cold but once it has started to warm up it needs to be left for 10 minutes to cool before you can fire the beast up again. It seems that the engine, although very strong once it runs, is a little low on compression. these rotary engines rely on compression to fire up.

like i said, cold/after 10 mins it is spot on. you might be able to live with this (i could for the price!) If it is compression and you decide to replace the rotor tips, the engines are a doddle to work on and kits with replacement tips are £700. i have a motorbike/lorry mechanic mate who is desperate to replace the tips but my mate cant afford the £700 for the kit.

anyway he is looking at £3500. if you check ebay/trader/webuyanycar/valuation sites you'll see that is a bargain

pics? here's the ebay listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back