VW passat estate £600

spudgun

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
93 vw passatt, 98000 miles,2.0 petrol,tested august 11, taxed till end sept 11. Used daily by myself last 2yrs new discs and pads last mot,part new exhaust,very roomy and so reliable
£600 ono
06102010032.jpg

If this is the same 2.0 engine as in one of my audi estates then a diesel won't be too far ahead in the mpg stakes.

It sips at the petrol and £20 lasts very well.

Nice car and good luck with the sale.

It can be coaxed to be very fuel efficient.Lots of history with the car going back to new,may even have original invoice for it, cambelt and water pump replaced 2 years ago,body very good,think it was galvanised from new. Cheap reliable transport,get your bikes inside your car.Have had 3 bikes and riders and kit in it.There is also a towbar fitted and a bike rack that fits to it. Much too good to scrap and 12 months tax on the window

wifey says no. too big aparently :evil:

free bump and good luck with the sale.

walterharris":2eis4qm8 said:
Jim wrote:Given that the Octavia is essentially a Passat with less power and less extras do these make a good buy?

For £600 matey's Passat is a good buy.

Octavias are Bora saloons/ Golf estates.

'''The car (Octavia) is based on a VW Group platform shared with the Volkswagen Golf. The first generation Octavia was released in 1996 and was built on the Volkswagen Group A4 (PQ34) platform.''

Skoda Superb is a Passat.

''...A lengthened platform went on to underpin the 'Passat' that was introduced in China in late 1999 by Shanghai-Volkswagen. This long-wheelbase version was rebadged and launched in Europe as the Škoda Superb in 2001. Both have a 100 millimetres (3.9 in) longer wheelbase and length than the standard B5 Passat...''

They do share alot of common parts but I am lead to believe that the gearboxes in the Golf/ Octavia are different to the Passat/Superb which even shares the Audi A4 rear screen.

Early Octavias dont have as good a sound proofing, Spanish sourced electrics are crap on the entire Skoda/ VW range -

Back