WTD 5.1 DVD

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
My DVD player has just packed up :(

Has anyone a cheap player they want to part with that I can use with my surround sound speakers?

I have the usual 5 speakers and a passive sub.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks Mark, yes those Ebay jobs are similar to what I had, the amp, speakers, tuner etc are still fine and Sky comes through the speakers but the Dvd loads the disk gets to the info/languages screen then makes a clicking noise and stops :?

I had hoped to just connect a new Dvd player to the other bits but the wiring looks to be unique to my untrained eye :(

chrisv40":muqet6es said:
Thanks Mark, yes those Ebay jobs are similar to what I had, the amp, speakers, tuner etc are still fine and Sky comes through the speakers but the Dvd loads the disk gets to the info/languages screen then makes a clicking noise and stops :?

I had hoped to just connect a new Dvd player to the other bits but the wiring looks to be unique to my untrained eye :(

Nah, just specific plugs. With an AV reciever you can lop the plugs of and connect the speaker wires direct. You can also just replace the DVD player if it goes wrong.

Incidently, you should also be able to connect a cheap DVD player to your existing machine.

If I get time tonight I will take a photo of the wiring on the back of the broken Dvd then hopefully you can tell me what I need ;)

Back