Anyone got a cheap laptop??

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
The mrs is after a cheapest laptop, anyone got anything????

chris667":1qlte6ca said:
A Samsung NC10? I've got an advert below.

Hi chris hope all is well

what spec is it?? what is Ubuntu??? would it have word and excel on it??

Ubuntu is a distribution of Linux, an alternative operating system. By default, it comes with OpenOffice which does everything Word and Excel do.

See www.ubuntu.com for details.

I've got a fully legal Windows XP license for it too, it's just that I was tinkering with a touch screen a couple of months ago and Windows didn't get on with it very well. But if Windows is familiar there's no reason you couldn't use that instead, the laptop originally came with it. Either will come as a fresh, clean installation, and even if you choose Linux I'll include the Windows license if you want to install it at a later date.

As for Microsoft Office, there's options, we'd have to negotiate. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc) costs from £50 to more than £500, depending on your circumstances. I daresay we could sort out something cheaper though.

Wow cool chris , i know nothing about computers :oops: :oops: will show the mrs your reply when she gets back in a min, she will understand :LOL:

You got any pic's??

hi she said would prefer XP and she has a copy of office that she could load, she said any chance of pics and whats the memory on it, are there any scratches etc on screen etc.

1GB memory
160GB hard disk
The screen has no scratches I can see. Typing on it now.
I'll do photos later.

Brill, pic's be great later thanks chris.

What the lowest your take for it??

Back