The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Sometimes the replacement belts slip too. I can do some repairs but it has been a very long time since I stripped a tape deck.

Re:

Moqi":1zcm2gx2 said:
Anyone know about aiwa ad810 tape decks. I have had one sitting around for ages. I would like to sell it as my finances are dire, but it has developed a problem. I changed the belts because they were so old. It appears to play ok, but won't fast fwd or rewind.It will fast forward (sometiomes) albeit not much faster than playing speed, but refuses to rewind - it stops with a clunk. Looking online seems to suggest a possible fault with some idler stop, or lubrication needed, but gives no ideas how to tackle these without finding an expesensive repair shop. Anyone got any ideas?

Realistically, it's probably not worth bothering with.

Re:

well it seems to have resurrected itself. I kept on fast forwarding and the rewind started to come back. Its been succesfully been working all afternoon. As suspected one of the idlers must have got gummed up through lack of use. Result.

Re: Re:

bluetomgold":g7u68eib said:
Moqi":g7u68eib said:
Anyone know about aiwa ad810 tape decks. I have had one sitting around for ages. I would like to sell it as my finances are dire, but it has developed a problem. I changed the belts because they were so old. It appears to play ok, but won't fast fwd or rewind.It will fast forward (sometiomes) albeit not much faster than playing speed, but refuses to rewind - it stops with a clunk. Looking online seems to suggest a possible fault with some idler stop, or lubrication needed, but gives no ideas how to tackle these without finding an expesensive repair shop. Anyone got any ideas?

I dunno, certainly worth a few pennies to somebody at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... Complete=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
well it's got new belts fitted and running smoothly again. Was a great tape deck in it's time. i suspect one of the idlers on the rewind side was gummed up as it kept on tripping the off mechanism. In fact the rewind and fast forward are now considerably faster than when it started working again. Obviously needs lubricating. I'll take a punt on ebay (£1 final fees today)

i had one of these - it started buzzing - it took ages to isolate the transformer successfully from the chassis etc. I put it on gumtree and some chap in France contacted me and bought it. Apparently nad stuff is rare and expensive in france. So if you end up putting on ebay you might consider international postage.

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":rdkyxk46 said:
bluetomgold":rdkyxk46 said:
Moqi":rdkyxk46 said:

I dunno, certainly worth a few pennies to somebody at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... Complete=1

A look at that eBay listing proves my point. One sold for £53 fully working. Another in need of repair £51...

Worth selling...sure...but worth fixing to sell? There are easier ways to earn £2.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back