Bring out your dead .... (Animal watches)

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My son (retroGrom) and I are avid collectors of Animal watches, but mainly the W001 ansd W005 models. We buy them to use them, and I have had some since the day they were released - they are just great for sailing, surfing, cycling and climbing. If anyone has any which are lying around unused then we would buy them and make very good use of them - they seem to be able to handle anything, and just sit there doing what they are designed to do, dependably tell the time. Have a dig around in the back of the sock drawer?
Thanks

There are a few watch collectors on here, and other things retro ;)

just one of the animal threads, should post your collection up, would be good to see :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=176193

mark

Re:

Thanks .... here’s just a few I collected up from the kitchen - without going into various backpacks, kit bags and cars door pockets....

Attachments

• 80ABC876-E323-4833-AC82-15B2132C3D74.jpeg
    80ABC876-E323-4833-AC82-15B2132C3D74.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 4,666
Re:

These are all ‘working watches’ that is they get used properly by me and the retroGrom - out riding recently (the Velcro straps), to Work, to school, etc etc

Not sure if i have been to the Cambridge wall, used to travel round a lot when i was the coach of the Nottingham team to comps, will have to check it out in a bit and see if i recognise it.

Climbed at lots of crags but sure i havent been to Harrisons rocks, name is familar though but its sandstone from what i remember, not really climbed much sandstone, not my favourite rock to climb :)

mark

Re:

...after climbing grit or granite, sandstone is a bizarre pantomime of sliding, abrasion and desperate slapping. And rounded exits with no purchase whatsoever. The best thing, however, was when I placed my hand in a pocket to pull up on an exit and felt it go into warm sludge. No problem I thought, just a little sediment. Nope. Owl poo. Lots of it. Mainly dead rodent. Lovely.

You can’t beat a rounded exit.

Mrs hm does a bit of climbing. When I steal the tea towels to polis I just my Ortega she hits the ceiling.

Back