NOS own brand road frames -Certini Cycles, Saltash, Cornwall

Piers

Retro Guru
Speaking with chappy at Certini, he thinks they have a variety of retro kit (less than before they took on the Specialized Concept store - loads went to the tip!).
He mentioned crud claws and cog hogs plus a range of (probably mid to low) forks amongst other stuff. To be honest he didn't really know what they had in the way of old stock, which is understandable, and didn't realise that there was a market for it.
He offered to get out his boxes of old stock for me to look through :shock: But, I had to scoot off on family business :? :(
So I did the good thing and posted up for you all :D

NOS road frames from mid 1990s. Various tube-sets (inc. Columbus Genius :D :p and Thron :) ). Aparently made in France (St. Etienne) for the former owner of Certini as a way of getting nice road frames to bike shops at a time when mountain bikes were taking over most mid-range production.
Remaining sizes are aparently to the large and small end of the spectrum. They've been sitting up in the storage space for years so have plenty of dust and might have a few chips.
I accidentally bought a Genius frame and forks in gorgeous candy red - very reasonable price too.

Update re the Columbus Genius bike.
It rides really well and looks gorgeous.
Pictures are in the road bike sectio of the forum.

Latest posts

Back