Vittoria Ultralite MTB Inner Tube 99P!!! @ On-One

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
At this price you may as well just replace the inner tube rather than faff about with a puncture repair kit!

On-One bikes have Vittoria Ultralite inner tubes in 26" size for 99p each, and their own branded tubes are £1.09 each iirc.

Think I'll buy a few to keep me supplied for the next few years :LOL:

They show the £1 tube in a Geax box, I bought some of those last year, every one failed around
the valve stem. I prefer to pay 3 quid for a Continental from Haflefrauds.

Re:

Geax is [was] part of Vittoria. They have phased out the Geax brand since 2014 in favour of the Vittoria name. On-One have a lot of the Geax-branded stuff they got cheap as it's discontinued branding.
I also have bought quite a few of these, and not had too many problems but some have indeed failed at the valve stem. If they don't fail, they are great tubes, no punctures so far on the Ultralites but yeah, a bit hit & miss re the valve stems..
The On-One branded tubes have the same failure area, but more like a 40% failure rate(!).

im using one at the moment, no problems so far. bought 4 more the other day, works out at 2.50 each inc postage.

remember they are "ultralight", 130g, tbh not especially lightweight, but not your usual 200g+, ok for me cos i got fed up with latex tubes losing air but dont wanna fork out for supersonics or flyweights.

plus they make a good spare tube, saves you lugging around that extra 70g all the time. phew

i would be interested to know if other ppl have had that failure too.

I've been using the On One tubes a couple of years (since I bought a several of them) and not had one fail yet around the valve stem? I Must be lucky!

Re:

Great spot!

6 presta valve tubes ordered :D

Not sure why I added a set of white tyres to my purchase though :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2,700
Re:

:LOL:

I've got some of the Geax Saguro white tyres I bought when they were mega cheap a few months back, still haven't got a suitable bike to put them on.... not so much of a bargain then I guess :roll: :facepalm:

Back