M970 v brake/shifters levers

Decent price - and you don't see this model around that often either. I saw an ebay seller with a bunch of these for £75 posted a good few years back and regretted not snapping up a set. I've used the M760 and M960 Dual Control units and didn't mind them at all - there is a lot of negative feeling towards them though.

I haven't used the M970 units and can't figure out why they're so heavy They come out around 470g/pr whereas my M960s were a fraction over 400g?

Re:

Very few like dual control levers.You are one of the few to agree with me.I find them excellent.They do weigh a bit but are so well made and bombproof.Im tempted to get another set.When these came out(2007) the V brake was as good as dead and a high cost v brake set up didnt make sense so they never sold well.I`d say these will be unobtanium in the next few years.

I bought some of the £75 ones a few years ago - the name of the shop escapes me but it was one of the middle sized online sellers :D

I had never used them before and was open minded - I really like them though :cool:

Mine are about half a gram lighter after swapping the bolts for Ti ... :LOL:

I to had spotted the recent ones and was tempted ... :D

WD :D

Made up from standard bolt stock.

It isn't a full kit, just what could be done - I am still working on the bar mounting bolt and the big hollow though bolt, when I get some ideas on those I will let you know ... :LOL:

The thumb lever mount bolt and the reach adjustment screw (standard stuff) :

The cover clamp bolts needed to me modified (Head diameter done for me my rampage) :

Left = Donor / standard Ti
Middle = Standard XTR
Right = Modified Ti

WD :D

Back