Shimano FG50 chain £4 Tesco, Now £1.25!!!!!

weeman_mtb

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Popped in one of the larger Tescos tonight for a few bits and noticed they're now selling chains as part of their bike bits range. Although it's in a Tesco blister pack the chain is stamped up FG50.

Also available online http://www.tesco.com/direct/activequipm ... d=663-8122

Sorry if this is old news but I've browsed Tesco's range of bike stuff loads of times and this is definitely the first time I've seen chains.

Re: Shimano FG50 chain £4 Tesco

Yeah, I got a couple as well. Come with power link style connector - which did a great job of fixing a chain about to break. Claim to be suitable for 10 to 24 speed bikes. Was tempting to grab more of them, but my regular rides are 9 speed.

Re: Re:

theproudhighway":3vc5bze0 said:
These are £2.50 in my local Tesco now. Picked up 3. Very pleased and handy for refreshing old bikes.

Thanks to the original poster.
.....and thanks for the update.

Cleared out the remaining stock from two of my local Tescos, two chains from each.

You can never have enough spare chains :D .

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the FG stand for, I know HG bits are Shimano "Hyperglide", but FG just shows search results for "food grade".

Re:

So HG is Hyperglide, UG is Uniglide, SG is Superglide,

.......that means FG must be FFFFFFFFFFFFFF..................k knows!

Got nowhere googling this myself either :p .

PurleySquire":2esyvlgu said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does the FG stand for, I know HG bits are Shimano "Hyperglide", but FG just shows search results for "food grade".

I can confirm that despite being available from Tesco that they are not food grade.

Re: Re:

weeman_mtb":1x659omi said:
theproudhighway":1x659omi said:
These are £2.50 in my local Tesco now. Picked up 3. Very pleased and handy for refreshing old bikes.

Thanks to the original poster.
.....and thanks for the update.

Cleared out the remaining stock from two of my local Tescos, two chains from each.

You can never have enough spare chains :D .

Greedy Gus :shock: :LOL:

Back