Mega bargain Deore Disc Brakes, £15 an end at CRC.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=87334

At first look it seems to be calipers only but buyers on STW have confirmed that £15 gets you the whole lot minus discs although the hoses are quite short.

Been holding on to this one until I could afford it but just ordered and they're still in stock. They might not be the latest but buyers are reporting they work very well.

Either way, try finding hydro discs cheaper!

just ordered some myself, will see what turns up!
either way, £15 snids for a disc caliper is still a pinch. pretty decent write ups - i'll be using them on my commuter so i'm happy enough already! :)

Grannygrinder bought a set. Short hoses but he was putting them on a kid's bike I think so he was happy.

i bought a set, they do indeed include levers and short hoses , but still a crazy bragain :shock: :shock: :shock:

good to know - it doesnt state the hose length on the web page, so i thought CRC had corrected it. looking forward to getting hold of mine.

i'm sure its easy enough to sort a longer hose length for the rear.

EDIT - JUST SEEN IN THE DESCRIPTION, THE HOSE LENGTHS : "Front hose length 700mm, Rear hose length 1200mm - only suitable for small frames"

update: ordered mine wednesday, just opened the box now.
got full set of front and rear brakes and levers. also includes IS mounts,bolts and some other bits i'm not sure about!
bloody bargain - have yet to check the length of the hoses on my frame, will do this tonight and report back :)

pretty chuffed so far though....

Mine also arrived this morning complete with IS mounts front and back. Nice looking units these, the levers look just like my friends XT ones.

Hose length of mine are 850mm and 1450mm. Might be a bit short but even if they are I'll use the rear for the front and buy a new rear. Full brake set for the price of some pads.... Job done :D

brocklanders023":77iklse0 said:
Mine also arrived this morning complete with IS mounts front and back. Nice looking units these, the levers look just like my friends XT ones.

Hose length of mine are 850mm and 1450mm. Might be a bit short but even if they are I'll use the rear for the front and buy a new rear. Full brake set for the price of some pads.... Job done :D

was thinking this same thing :)

looking at replacement hose in ebay for around £12 - is there anywhere else thats doing it that may be cheaper? would like to see how cheap i can get this set working for :)

Back