British Cycling membership/insurance for £2

stu76

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've recently signed up to British Cycling for their 3rd party insurance, following a very near miss with a bloke walking two dogs on my local bike path.

The 'Ride' membership is £24 per year, however if you go through the cashback site Topcashback, you get £10 cashback, making it £14 for the year.

In addition if you use the code TForL12 from the Transport for London website, this gives you the Ride membership for £12.

So if both used you get a years BC membership and insurance for £2. Bargain! This is for new members only and wont work if you've had a previous membership with them.

Links to the websites are below, if you dont have a topcashback account then you can use my referal (I get a nice little referral bonus too) which is http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stuzo76. Once you've signed up, just type in 'British cycling' into the search box and it will come up with the cashback details, then click the 'getcashback now' to go to the BC site.

The TFL website says the discount is for London cyclists but might work for other areas so worth trying it http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/common/vouche ... ishcycling valid until December 31st 2012.

The Ride membership is good value and worth the full price anyway, this is just a bonus. But just in case, please dont come back to me saying it didn't work for you etc etc.

I've just transfered the £10 cashback from Topcashback to my bank account so this definitely works.

The cashback took a fair few weeks to become payable, but this is often
the case.

This week BC also gave me a code for a free copy of Outdoor Fitness magazine, which I think is about £4, so in theory I'm now up by another £2.

Great! TForL12 code worked for me even though I'm up north.

Can go via quidco for the same £10 cashback too.

Sweet. I signed up via quidco which gives £12 cashback, and paid by direct debit giving another 10% off - when I receive the cashback I'll have paid nothing at all!

Back