NOS LX FC-M570 680g square taper chainset £29.99 @ CRC

Arrived today - the weight is exactly 680g (plus 25g for the BB bolts, included). Trying to think of a reason not to buy another set...

Ordered one today too :cool: even for the rings it is a bargain......and you maybe right, I may get another ! Some m739 and m750/1 stuff on there too

Did it come in the orignal box ?

Fatal Swan":3hwavphy said:
Arrived today - the weight is exactly 680g (plus 25g for the BB bolts, included). Trying to think of a reason not to buy another set...

No, it didn't come in a Shimano box, just loose with cellophane on the arms. Now I've had the chance to look at it again there's actually a few scratches to the left arm where it's knocked against the rings in transit. Have emailed CRC customer services...

Hey you lot! Stop buying them up! I'll be needing one on payday but that's not for another 2 weeks! :LOL:

Cheers for the heads up :cool:

Yep, though the JE James one is 5-arm while the ones that were originally in CRC were 4-arm. For anyone looking for a 4-arm version for just the chainrings only Merlin currently have the FC-M571 (Octalink) for the same price.

Cheers guys, just ordered the Merlin Octalink chainset. Now just need me a (decent/cheap) Octalink BB. By all means recommend one to me if you know of one I can get online (postage to NZ as well!!).

Back