Tesco Bargains

JimNicho

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I picked up a camel back type thingy today for £11.99. 1.5l capacity and quite a decent rucksack.

Also basic Alloy bottle cages, with bottle for £2.61!!

Just Bottle cages (Kind of a wrap around style) for £2.31

I've been using the 'camelback' for about a year now.

It works fine, the 'bite' will need the seal/slit breaking (took me two rides to figure out it wasn't a cap :LOL: )
The On/Off lever can sometimes go a bit too far 'on' and so stop flow. You'll get use to it though.

Unfortunalty, I tore mine near the medium zip, I think I snagged it on a tree. Last week I stood on the belly belt and it's a tad broken.
Still Fit's well, doesn't flap around and holds enough gear and sometmes a jacket once the liquid has been supped a bit.

Hmmm I figured it was a cap too... And I turned it too far on. I managed to fit a jacket AND trousers in too. Most impressed. Only problem is... the 1.5l plus a bottle was perfect for 20 miles in 2hours... come September I'll be doing 60 miles in a day. I guess that extra capacity will be needed for bottles. Either that, or a couple of pit stops.

JimNicho":3sni02ax said:
Hmmm I figured it was a cap too... And I turned it too far on. I managed to fit a jacket AND trousers in too. Most impressed. Only problem is... the 1.5l plus a bottle was perfect for 20 miles in 2hours... come September I'll be doing 60 miles in a day. I guess that extra capacity will be needed for bottles. Either that, or a couple of pit stops.

just use bottle cages and put them in there. it's much easier.

Back