Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

Elev12k's feedback
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6937

Author:  retrobikeguy [ Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Elev12k's feedback

Elev12k, what can I say - a real saint - this guy really does go out of his way to help people and is of course one of the most popular faces on this board, without him I wouldn't have a few of my more unusual pieces or been able to complete some of my rides.

in return I have helped him with shipping but nowhere near the scale this chap has helped me in the past

Cheers Melv :wink:

Author:  jez-4-bikes-max [ Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Melv is a kind generous gent who is more than happy to help out in a sale.

Super quick shipping and great communicator too!

Great chap and avid collector of bikes.

Many thanks Melvin!

Author:  ededwards [ Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice guy, always helpful, replies very promptly to e-mail or PMs and a prompt payer to boot!

Would not hesitate to deal with again.

Author:  Bear-Chan [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:29 am ]
Post subject: 

melvin rules! super friendly and very helpful guy. a real pleasure to do business with. thankyou!

Author:  Radar [ Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

I can't say anymore than what has already been said.

Thank you Melvin!

Author:  John [ Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Top chap.

Author:  jonrock [ Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Pleasure dealing with!
Top bloke!
Just got a purple USE seatpost so will go with the bars a treat!
J

Author:  bpikeuk [ Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Hydraulic V's arrived a few days ago, brand new in box just as described. Now I just need to see if they are actually any good, seems from the reviews that you either love em or hate em :lol:

Thanks very much.

Barry

Author:  Elev12k [ Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:55 am ]
Post subject: 

They arrived only a few days ago :shock: Trip took long than. Glad they arrived in the end.

Enjoy them! So far I didn't try my own pair, but as long as people on the negative side of the polarized fraction come up with arguments like 'you need a 17 wrench for adjustment' there is not much to fear imho.

Let us know whether you like them.

Author:  Hilts [ Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:15 am ]
Post subject: 

Top man our Melvin, unbelievably good packing,quality product, great communication and a very knowledgable chap..

Recommended A+++ etc etc

Author:  BoyBurning [ Mon May 07, 2007 12:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Melvin, Melvin, Melvin, what more can we say?!

Absolutely ace guy. Everything fantastically packaged and always a good bloke to have a chat with 'bout things.

Would never have any quelms about buying things from him again - he lives in Holland but the transaction is as smooth as if he were next door.

Author:  Stick Legs [ Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

A credit to the community, I also like reading dutch news papers* so his packaging makes a smooth transaction even better! 8)

* I worked in Holland and Belgium for about 5 years on and off, never leaned the language :oops: I love the place, and holiday in Friesland (Harlingen specifically) often... However the news headlines always make me smile, "Groot alarm om boobytraphuis" is the headline on a page Melvin sent this time. :lol:

Author:  andy.l [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

What a top bloke and a great asset to the site,received my wheels as has been said before like they were from LBS,great packaging and top quality wheels,plus the 'gifts' i received in with them were outstanding.

Recommended to anyone who buys from this chap. 8) 8) 8)

Author:  Sithlord [ Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Melvin is a Top Retrobiker, very trustworthy and a pleasure to do business with.. Would def. recommend and look forward to business with him again in the near future.. thanks Melvin... your a star... :wink:

Author:  nporternz [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

got my stem super quick with great comms and great price!! Going to look awesome on my build as it is just what I needed!!!!

keep your eyes peeled melvin - it will be up soon!!!!

Author:  jonnyboy666 [ Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

just got my NOS controltech bar, really chuffed coz it is mint condition and perfectly packaged :D

thanks very much and thanks for holding it for me while i sorted funds :D

Author:  magas [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

saddle and stem arrived today, super quick ! both brand new, just as described. great communication. thanks very much, hope to deal again :D

Author:  legrandefromage [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

I feel speshul.... my Merckx arrived at 8.14am this morning, something I'd never imagine owning let alone unpacking in my kitchen.

The freebie tyres are much appreciated!

:D

Author:  Sidekick416 [ Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mel..

the 1st retrobiker i deal with on the forum... and it went on with several other good deals. No probs at all...

i'd wanna specially mention he's unselfishly letting me have a Fat Max for my Ti-Runner.. and the several PMs to advise on the correct build.

The Man... Mel.. The True Miyata Man

cheers

:D
(pardon my poor english, i've never been mechanical with words :oops: )

Author:  fatfixie [ Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:59 am ]
Post subject: 

Bought a Ti Cinelli stem from Melvin

Excellent product and Comms, fast well packed international postage.

Top Banana!!

Andy

Author:  Elev12k [ Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thx! It was a pleasure doing business with you too :)

Author:  clockworkgazz [ Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:46 am ]
Post subject: 

got a crackin' saddle at a great price super quick top marks and many thanks- a very happy scotsman 8)

Author:  letmetalktomark [ Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 am ]
Post subject: 

clockworkgazz wrote:
got a crackin' saddle at a great price super quick top marks and many thanks- a very happy scotsman 8)

Ditto.

Well apart from the scotsman bit :lol:

Top notch

Mark

Author:  ddidds [ Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:39 am ]
Post subject: 

got my saddles superfast! they are really nice and they were very well packed!

thank you

Alecs

Author:  cchris2lou [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thank you melvin , saddles arrived safely .

Author:  Jones [ Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bought a lovely lovely lovely Koga Miyata frame 8) packed as a frame should be packed :wink: and arrived quicker than most things I've bought from the U.K . Perfect 8)

Author:  Sithlord [ Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Helped me complete a purchase, and relive old times.. :) , item arrived as always very very well packed and super fast delivery.. many thanks Mel,, appreciated. :)

Author:  Nick C [ Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Prompt payment and friendly communication, what more can a seller ask for?

Author:  John [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Shifter recieved in no time from Mel, nice one 8)

Author:  milko [ Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Top seller. Forks arrived today, beautifully packed it really would have taken royal mails best efforts to even scratch 'em! Cheers Melvin could not be happier! :D

Author:  Jamiedyer [ Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Koga Miyata World Traveller

Melvin sold me a World Traveller frame and forks as well as the gear to outfit it. Very, very helpful was the man, not only did he help with me getting all the parts for it he even let me pay for it in a couple of instalments. A better trader you wont find.

Jamie

Author:  Jamiedyer [ Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Stumpjumper Decals

Melvin also helped me secure a set of original late eighties Stumpjumper decals that were for sale on Marketplaats in Holland. This was very much appreciated as I dont speak the language and dont understand how the site works. He went well out of his way to help, secured them and then sent them over to me. He is what this site is all about.
Jamie

Author:  omegastrada [ Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

I can't recommend Elev12k highly enough. I've bought some beautiful kit off him in the past, always as described and very well packagedd as you would hope.
Yesterday he allowed me to use his photos to sell a frame he once sold to me. Far better than I could ever take and sure enough it was sold by the end of the evening!

A true gent. Cheers Mel

Author:  ededwards [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 am ]
Post subject: 

Melvin has helped me get countless stuff over the last couple of years (a Colnago Master, Zullo SLX and the rBoTM Panasonic PR-6000 among others), top chap, super reliable and if anything he underplays the condition of the stuff that he sells.

Recommended without hesitation.

Author:  makhno68 [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Really amazing service, the bike was a great price, he made the effort to offer different postage options, communication was super quick and the packaging was astonishing!

Author:  John [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Gold trader awarded 20120124 8)

Author:  readview [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

excellent chap to deal with,had a few transactions with Mel and neverbeen anything less than very happy!

Author:  theredchili [ Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Top

One of the most helpful people I've met here, top seller, top knowledge, top help- all round top guy

many thanks

Author:  chilligringo [ Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thank you Melvin!

Got my Vittorio Strada frame three times faster than norwegian custom could handle. :D

But what's most remarkable is the help and advice he has given me after I got the frame. No question is to stupid it seems. Now I will have, thanks to Mel, the coolest bike in Norway. 8)

Thanks again!

Author:  concordino [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Melvin is a top guy to deal with.

Besides being the best reference when it comes to Koga Miyatas, Melvin was very helpful in me starting my own Miyata collection.

He Sold me a great Koga Miyata TrailRunner Frame and went beyond to help me get a TiRunner.

I appreciate his knowledge, attention to detail and impeccable packing of Bikes.

Thank you Melvin for all your help and to the many more transactions we may do in the future.

Bilal :D