F.R.O. feedback

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Couldn't find a thread for F.R.O. so thought I'd set one up to share a poor experience.

The long and the short of it is that I was expecting a 1 1/8 chris king top bearing cover to arrive, but instead it was for a devolution type chris king headset. Apparently as it will fit a 1 1/8 steerer tube, my 1 1/8 chris king headsets must be at fault as it doesn't fit them, rather than the fact that the part is not designed to fit a standard 1 1/8 chris king headset.

I've posted some details in the sale thread (http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 2#p2377462). Seller has stated they won't be refunding me as they are upset at my "blasphemy", which I can only assume relates to me stating they were talking rubbish after stating my 1 1/8 headset was 1 inch (I later provided pictures of both my headset part and the one I bought fitted to the same fork steerer, clearing that up), and having previously supplied pictures of the part received, compared to a 1 inch and 1 1/8 part, but still they stubbornly refuse to admit the part was not what it was described to me, and are now in a huff.

Curiously I was given some advice from the seller prior to him stating he would not be responding to me any further in this matter, take from this what you will. I quote:

advice. when ordering, ask lots of product information to avoid this

I'm sure I could offer some advice too, but not wanting to "blaspheme" or be more "disrespectful" (read honest and factual, tinged with frustration), I'll leave it.

I have since starting this thread been contacted by F.R.O. indicating I was correct and a refund would be offered if I sent the item back. For me, having had to email and email to finally get this admission, I'm not interested in the refund (stated during the various emails).

Back