Hilary Stone

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone else been stung by this chap?

I ordered some m737 spds and a couple of sets or porcipaws from him about 7 week ago - not heard from him since. Too late for PP dispute so it looks like I've been robbed :(

I'd advise all to stay well clear.

Hilary gets busy, he also makes regular trips to Europe to pick up stock afaik, sometimes stuff takes a while to get posted off but he will not have 'robbed you'. Perhaps check how good a reputation he has elsewhere (LFGSS forum for instance) before openly accusing him of theft.

while i understand he has a good reputation i have noticed several people having problems with sales from him, they do seem to get sorted but he must realise it's making a mess of his reputation and for someone well known that can't be good, and you'd think he would care.

i'm having issues myself with a sale (not hilary stone though) at the moment and i can say that a lack of returned pm/email is what is winding me up, if people don't have time to return messages they either shouldn't have advertised stuff or let you know in advance that they were going to be busy which would affect the amount of time till you receive your item

either way it's very poor.

Well I've just joined this forum having googled 'problems with Hilary Stone' -I can see the posts are many months old but I'm sad to add to the growing number of negative comments. Ordered some Camapg brake levers - BL8 on his website - which are still there now btw - now been 7 weeks and despite receiving apologetic e-mails assuring me they had been sent...nothing.

It is the lack of communication that first gets you, then the feeling of his total lack of caring, then the realisation that you've been ripped off that finally rams the hard lesson home. I used to see him when he worked at a reputable bike shop in Bath and as people have commented previously, he is very knowledgeable. Well that doesn't count for anything though if, at the end of the day, he's dishonest.

Be warned, NOT to be trusted with your hard earned.....

Timor":269hfcm7 said:
Well I've just joined this forum having googled 'problems with Hilary Stone' -I can see the posts are many months old but I'm sad to add to the growing number of negative comments. Ordered some Camapg brake levers - BL8 on his website - which are still there now btw - now been 7 weeks and despite receiving apologetic e-mails assuring me they had been sent...nothing.

It is the lack of communication that first gets you, then the feeling of his total lack of caring, then the realisation that you've been ripped off that finally rams the hard lesson home. I used to see him when he worked at a reputable bike shop in Bath and as people have commented previously, he is very knowledgeable. Well that doesn't count for anything though if, at the end of the day, he's dishonest.

Be warned, NOT to be trusted with your hard earned.....

Sorry to hear you have been ripped off too :(

Rod_Saetan":269hfcm7 said:
Hilary gets busy, he also makes regular trips to Europe to pick up stock afaik, sometimes stuff takes a while to get posted off but he will not have 'robbed you'. Perhaps check how good a reputation he has elsewhere (LFGSS forum for instance) before openly accusing him of theft.

He is a thieving scumbag.

IMHO - Gentlemen, call it as it is. Seven weeks and no product and no refund is THEFT! Brazen, bare knuckles, in your face theft!

The aftermarket business is primarily based on gentlemens trust amongst abiding members. Folks that take advantage of this trust, especially repeatedly, warrant being exposed and publically pilloried.

Do we have any members that specialize in kneecaps visits?

when someone takes your money immediately then adopts the "I'll send them out when I'm good and ready" for me they are best avoided

Back