http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

retrofit
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=100018

Author:  retrofit [ Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 pm ]
Post subject:  retrofit

I've once been tested positive for being negative :(

Author:  Martin [ Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good buyer. Good communication and man of his words.

Thanks!

Martin

Author:  REKIBorter [ Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Excellent buyer, paid quickly, very good comms.

Author:  mullinino [ Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  no worries

:D cool guy,bought me a nice new stem to pay for one i winged to him...muchly appreciated! :wink:

Author:  Woody [ Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sold some tyres to retrofit , a no fuss deal ! A top retrobiker :wink:

Author:  stevej77 [ Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great seller, sent me a great couple of bits for a great price. And they only took 4 days to get here from NYC!! Quicker than many uk sellers 8)

Thanks

Author:  Tad [ Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Swapped a set of canti hangers with the fine fellow. A perfect cash free transaction :D

Author:  sancho [ Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Bought some Real levers that were well packed and look great. Shipping amount charged was the actual shipping cost. Very happy. Thanks!

Author:  sinky [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alex sold me a lovely CK headset with hassle free postage to the UK.

Great stuff! Thanks.

Author:  Tizumo [ Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Made a long term investment on Paul f+r mechs and got what I paid for :) . My Salsa will be very happy with these 8) .. Fast and reliable shipping too!

I'll be happy to deal with Alex anytime.
Thanks again!

Author:  ishaw [ Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bought quite a few bits of late and they've all arrived safe and sound from across the pond.

Cheers!

Author:  ishaw [ Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

ishaw wrote:
Bought quite a few bits of late and they've all arrived safe and sound from across the pond.

Cheers!

And some more :oops: and experience was more of the same - great as ever!

Cheers!!

Author:  Crantinope [ Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ws a great help in getting a piece of Suntour kit to me from his "neck of the woods".

Top Man... :)

Cheers...Nick

Author:  development_cycle [ Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bought a stem from me, nice chap

Author:  Rahbari [ Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Very nice guy, smooth transaction! Great!!! :D

Author:  Whatleymeister [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bought a kona canti hanger from me. Prompt payment and a top chap to boot. Would happily sell to again :wink:

Author:  klasse [ Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the XTR cranks

super fast shipping, excellent comms :D

Author:  dnbmatt28 [ Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Excellent trustworthy seller - many thanks

Matt

Author:  MynameisCasper [ Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  American Classic bottem bracket

Nice guy and a fast payer :) Everything went smooth so I would highly recommend him

Author:  4500_rider [ Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am ]
Post subject: 

Bought 2 USE Sub forks from Alex... nice guy, very helpful, packaged the forks well and dispatched them very quickly... would definitely buy from him again!

Author:  incorrigible [ Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Excellent person to deal with. Great communication. Would deal with again anytime.

I'm doing a trade with Alex. He sent me his frame that I wanted, and he told me to wait until I get it, and that if it looks OK to send him my frame that he wants. I received the frame on Friday and it looks great, so I'm very happy about that, and I'll be shipping him my frame (now his) on Monday morning.

Author:  jcw_mtb [ Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  more feedback for retrofit (original thread was locked)

apologies for any redundancy - i wanted to leave some positive feedback for Alex. we swapped a pair of Hutchinson Python tires for an XTR rear derailleur. it was an altogether pleasant experience, & he is most honest & trustworthy.

Author:  andyz [ Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bought a Pace RC35 crown from Alex. Lovely condition and arrived pretty quickly considering the distance!

Many thanks!

Author:  I_am_Will [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 am ]
Post subject: 

In october I bought a pair of UmmaGumma's from Alex.

Excellent guy to deal with. Good communications, quick delivery (10 days US-NL :shock: ). All okay.

I would buy again with confidence :D

Author:  sswiss [ Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  retrofit - neg rep

I made a mistake - I bought a seatpost from Alex. :facepalm:

I wasn't expecting mint but the pics and description looked good. However, it arrived covered in Marker pen to disguise the insertion zigzags on the post. :roll:

I didn't ask - he didn't disclose. :oops:

Give the man his dues though - he duped me good and proper then had the audacity to laugh at me via pm.

My fault, call me naive, however previously I had received nothing but good deals and courtesy from the forum.

sswiss

Author:  retrofit [ Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: retrofit - neg rep

sswiss wrote:
I made a mistake - I bought a seatpost from Alex. :facepalm:
I wasn't expecting mint but the pics and description looked good. However, it arrived covered in Marker pen to disguise the insertion zigzags on the post. :roll:
I didn't ask - he didn't disclose. :oops:
Give the man his dues though - he duped me good and proper then had the audacity to laugh at me via pm.
My fault, call me naive, however previously I had received nothing but good deals and courtesy from the forum.
sswiss

Retaliatory feedback: www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=241393
You were given a chance to return it if you weren't pleased.
Even now I am still open to taking it back for a refund.

Author:  Olan21 [ Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: retrofit

I bought a pair of Tioga Psycho. Really fast delivery, all perfect. Many thanks

Author:  raidan73 [ Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 pm ]

Kindly replied to my wanted ad and sent the item quickly and for a decent price. Top man to deal with :D

Author:  thekingofming [ Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am ]

I bought some XTR Shifters from Alex, nice guy to deal with (was even willing to wait for payment for postage after he had posted and had the exact price). A class seller. Thanks!

Author:  PeteC [ Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm ]

Bought a nice XTR front derailleur from Alex. He shipped it the same day and it arrived in my hands the next day. Great guy to deal with --- will trade again with him soon, I'm sure.

Author:  wookiee [ Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:40 am ]

Bought an XT rear mech came in good condition and for a good price! Cheers

Doug

Author:  maxhc [ Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 pm ]

Great fella to deal with, thumbs up for a smooth transaction

Many thanks mate.

Author:  I_am_Will [ Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:54 pm ]

Alex kindly replied to my wanted ad and sent the item quickly and for a decent price. All okay here :D

Thanks again,
Will

Author:  Samantha14 [ Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 pm ]

He was great to deal with :D

It arrived quickly despite going overseas.

There was good communication which makes all the difference.

Good all round.

Samantha X

Author:  missyk [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm ]

helo boys

sorry if this is the wrong place,but i am having trouble contacting alex by email,he has alot of items of mine that shipping has been paid to him to send,but he now asks for another 100 bucks or he gives my items to charity,i have been looking here and found that he allegedly stole a bicycle from a man in poland not long back and i am wondering if he is trying to steal my items also as he has disappeared,can anyone help me find him,

again very sorry if this is the wrong place but i know he is a keen cyclist and comes here occasionally,

kitty

Author:  John [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm ]

missyk wrote:
helo boys

sorry if this is the wrong place,but i am having trouble contacting alex by email,he has alot of items of mine that shipping has been paid to him to send,but he now asks for another 100 bucks or he gives my items to charity,i have been looking here and found that he allegedly stole a bicycle from a man in poland not long back and i am wondering if he is trying to steal my items also as he has disappeared,can anyone help me find him,

again very sorry if this is the wrong place but i know he is a keen cyclist and comes here occasionally,

kitty

Curious post. Did you deal with him via retrobike? Assume not given your post count.

Author:  missyk [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 pm ]

I am afraid not but a friend knows him via here,

and as he has stopped replying to emails and his last email was demanding money for no reason i looked on here,and have seen a worrying episode where he allegedly stole a bicycle from somebody,i was hoping somebody could help me contact him is all.

Author:  retrofit [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:18 pm ]

missyk wrote:

and as he has stopped replying to emails and his last email was demanding money for no reason i looked on here,and have seen a worrying episode where he allegedly stole a bicycle from somebody,i was hoping somebody could help me contact him is all.

This is Scott De-Walden (marin man) in disguise.
He is a former (banned) member of this forum.

Author:  missyk [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 pm ]

No,this is not the above person,this is his girlfriend who alex has stolen several items from,i would like my belngings sent to me as agreed

Author:  missyk [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:24 pm ]

I have contacted bridgeport pd today and reported you for theft and extortion,so please make contact with me about my items before this gets out of hand

Author:  John [ Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:29 pm ]

missyk wrote:
I have contacted bridgeport pd today and reported you for theft and extortion,so please make contact with me about my items before this gets out of hand

Righty ho, this will be why you're using a UK IP address then.

retrofit wrote:
missyk wrote:

This is Scott De-Walden (marin man) in disguise.
He is a former (banned) member of this forum.

Not clear on the truth of this but this is clearly unrelated to retrobike (and I can well believe it).

Author:  John [ Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 pm ]

Given the current interest in this thread seems prudent to post comment and lock this for the moment.

The transaction discussed above did not occur on retrobike. We have always been clear that we cannot and will not allow the site to become involved in such deals. If users have been excluded from the site in matters relating to this it is due to them either being suspect shill accounts or due to continued unacceptable behaviour.