Retrobike Archive

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The retrobike archive is now online, click the link above or here

This is a considerable project which Melvin and myself have been working on for the last few weeks/months. To my knowledge it's the single biggest retro resource on the web. The archive already contains hundreds of scans, catalogues, photos and articles, however this is only a starting point. With your help it can be bigger and better. The archive is divided up as follows

Manufacturer Archive

Currently contains around one hundred manufacturers. Each manufacturer is subdivided as follows (where material exists - not all manufacturers have all sections)

-Catalogues
-Reviews
-Articles
-Albums (generated on keywords…if you add keywords to your photos correctly they'll show up here)
-Adverts
-Technical

Rider Archive

Archive related to individual riders.

Magazine Archive

This section contains entries for many of the major magazines. Each is subdivided as follows

-Covers
-Reviews
-Articles
-Adverts

Year Archive

This section shows all the material from the rest of the archive on a year by year basis.

The archive will initially be open to all - if it proves to be chewing through too much bandwidth I'll restrict it to registered users only.

Be interested to hear people comments. Melvin and I had much discussion on how to split things down - this seems to be the best we could come up with.

Also be interested to hear from people who are able to help out with this ongoing project.

Excellent piece of work this John, don't think people realise how useful this will be in the future

Well done

Brilliantly done! You should be really chuffed, this is going to become more and more useful and important.

I really hope you never sell this site. Of course, if you did - you would have to stay heavily involved or we would be forced to beat you and steal your rides! (well maybe just steal the bikes) :LOL:

I'm going to wear out my scanner in your behalf. You should start picking up some of my posts in the magazine and catalog scan area and posting them in the archive.

Repack Rider":f77ij3bs said:
I'm going to wear out my scanner in your behalf. You should start picking up some of my posts in the magazine and catalog scan area and posting them in the archive.

Nice one. If you're scanner does pack in I'm sure we could have a whip round and sort you out with another one ;)

If you could post the scans in the gallery (instructions here >http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3771) that'd be great. It's easier than using attachments once you get the hang of it, plus it's a load easier for me to move the scans to the right sections.

John":1snruzea said:
If you could post the scans in the gallery (instructions here >http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3771) that'd be great. It's easier than using attachments once you get the hang of it, plus it's a load easier for me to move the scans to the right sections.

I was uploading to my gallery yesterday, and it seems that there is a limit on how much I can put up there, something like 10 MB.

I have more stuff than that. What happens when I hit the limit?

Repack Rider":2om8o2my said:
John":2om8o2my said:

I was uploading to my gallery yesterday, and it seems that there is a limit on how much I can put up there, something like 10 MB.

I have more stuff than that. What happens when I hit the limit?

I've just increased it for you.....

manufacturer archive

how about some scott archives from the early nineties etc? as i'm looking for an early scott peak. anything would be helpful. cheers

Back