The BMX Introduce Yourself Here Thread

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
If you're new here welcome to the forum :cool:

You can use this thread to introduce yourself. It's also good if you can let us know how you ended up here.

If you're interested in MTBs or Road bikes be sure to introduce yourself in these forums too :D

Hey guys. This is my first day here and was referred over from Raleighburner.com
I'm mostly into Haro but am currently putting together my childhood bike and 83 Raleigh R3500. I hope I can become an asset to this site and maybe help a few guys out. Cheers!

Florida weather is great. Currently in the low 80's with sunshine all week. Great riding weather all year round. Its nice being by the water too!

Hello, just thought I'd say hello over in BMX, as that's what I ride! Just sorting myself out with a 1994 Kona Hahanna for a road bike, but I ride a non retro BMX!

Hi and welcome - doesn't have to be a retro bmx - i'm building a NS WTP phoenix frame up at the mo - and there's some that dirt jump in here ;)

Greetings from Nor Cal.

Former BMX racer, DJ, Street, whatever. Raced for about a decade in the ABA.

Spend most of my time freeriding and downhilling now, but I do have a top build DK legend I threw together. Basically swapped all the parts over from my schwinn when I cracked the headtube. Race every now and again now. May hit up the Reno national one of these days.

Welcome to the forum

Like to see pics of your S&M Dirtbike classic, I had one of the first next gen ones (chrome and all with red anodized redneck stem)....long gone now but learnt a lot of stuff on it :D

Neil G":14y5vttm said:
Welcome to the forum

Like to see pics of your S&M Dirtbike classic, I had one of the first next gen ones (chrome and all with red anodized redneck stem)....long gone now but learnt a lot of stuff on it :D

Wish I had pics of it. unfortunately it is long gone. I gave it to my buddy awhile back so he could pursue his riding career. (aww what a nice guy. NOT. A flippen idiot!)

Was raw colored with raw ditch forks, WTP cranks that I sandblasted, some alex triple wall rims. I tig welded some v brake mounts on awhile after I pulled the odyssey brakes and modulever off. The best bike I have ever owned bmx wise and I gave it away for nothing. :/ O well. I would build another if they didn't only come in pro.

Shame, that would have been a good bike to keep hold of.

Stretched the headtube on my old Dirtbike when I had to get off mid section on some trails....bike took a bit of a nose dive into the next set. Managed to cold shrink the headtube fo fit a new headset but didn't last long :(

Moved onto the Trailboss which was IMO a better bike...bit longer in the TT so better for trails

Back