Can anyone recommend somewhere to get 1inch bmx to 1nch shim

scant

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Hi all
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get 1inch bmx to 1nch headtube shim please? ideally online that accept paypal :D

appreciated!

so you have a 1" headset and a stem to fit in but it's loose in it and moves ? or have a stem that need to be higher out of the headset ?

what size is the stem shaft ? 22.1 or 22.2
what is the headset you are using and is the top nut loose around the stem shaft ?

cheers B ;)

the headtube is 32.7mm & I have a standard 1inch, or 30.2mm headset cup I want to use. I've seen places in the US selling them, but not so easy to find in the UK?

a bit like the shims that are fitted into high end titanium frames? i would imagine they are available but i have never seen them for sale. why not just use a bmx headset, they are plentiful, and inch bmx aheadsets are still available if thats your stumbling stone.

slotted, hmmm, wonder why? you usually slot something if its adjustable, or tolerances are expected to be way out, but to be fair headtubes and headsets are usually pretty well sized. anyway, as i said, never seen them for sale over here. good luck in your quest.

oh, is this for the same project those bars are/were for?

I had the same problem when I came to fit a Tange levin into my old Schwinn frame. I went round to my friends place and he turned down an adaptor on his lathe. Only took 10 mins. It's been in about 9 months now and has been no trouble at all. Search my Schwinn Klunker thread for pics Mike.

do you still need these as i have a spare set unused from when i fitted an odyssey pro headset in my kona

:D

Back