Is this BMX mid or NU school?

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got the chance to buy a GT performer I think its around a 98-01 model. I want a mid school bike, does this bike fit into that category or is it More NU school? thanks Rob

new school im afraid. in my mind old school is 80s, mid school is up to about 96-97. then it all went ahead set stems an vee brakes. thats new school. imho.

Kanerdog thank you for the reply, the lad only wants £5 for the bike but it needs wheels might just leave it tho. Probs will just keep look out for a early to mid 90's GT of some sort.

Just to be awkward, I'd say anything pre-2001 is mid school. That's around the time people started taking their brakes off, it became more about street and the riding and technology started progressing very quickly to the level we're at now.

Ah ok, might buy it if nothing else comes along in the next few months or so. Any body else got any more opinions? thanks again.

sizes as well :LOL: 1" to 1"1/18 - 10mm to 14mm

some of the classic performers and hoffmann stuff is now being classed as mid school and collectable - chrome models or frame that can be painted in old school freestyle colours

nu skool or new school also changed after 06 - lighter and thin - stuff like 04 was heavy

80's old school - mid school - new midschool - and nu skool and new school :LOL:

cheers B ;)

Cossiemark-A friend of mine has it. Go on to ebay there is two listed on there a chrome one @ 99p and a blue one @ £50, hope this helps.

well depends on the condition ! and what you want from it - if it's in good chrome then it always makes a sweet summer cruzer - full big pegs and gyro with leather padded seat can make for a good ride

if for a rider - a nice paint work in old school colours can make it look nice as the performer has a different frame shape to some of the bmx's from the same age - again makes for a good looking ride

as for if there worth any thing ! - it's worth more if it has only been ridden lightly and still has a new look - they are not worth as much as 80's bmx's (this is were it gets sticky for what is worth what :? )

again most old school bmxer's tend to go for 80's bikes as that's what they rode most - but some collect 90's rides for there looks or brands

90's bike became heavier, as parts became cheaper and made from chiwain places - more bike where made as companies could do more promotion and make then cheaper to ship to the masses - hence now why 90's bikes are cheaper to buy now and more about

i say 90's bike but this can mean up to 2002 when after that lots more changes to the scene came about, and even more company's could throw out cheap bikes (diamondback, mongoose, DK, and so)

so if it's only a fiver - the condition isn't a pile of rust - you want it to ride and do up - you can always put it on hear to sell ? just a couple of question for you to ask your self

maybe try and get a couple of pictures to put up on here and then we could see if it's worth the fiver ;)

hope this helps - cheers B ;)

Back