how much is my kona main worth?

Ben_14

Retro Newbie
I've had this kona for a while now but Im not sure how much it is worth. The only differences I know of, are the fitbike handlebar grips and the diamondback saddle. There is a little bit of the front fork sticker missing but the rest is just mud which I need to clean before I sell it. It has a terrano back brake with slightly faded brake pads, it has a good maxis back tyre and tioga front tyre but apart from that, its how I got it. Any suggestions :?: Does anyone know? I think its the 2002 model, but I can't find it on the internet or anywhere, its not even on the kona website anymore. Please help :s

Attachments

• kona main.JPG
    kona main.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 366
you have four types of buyers of bmx's

1~ some one on ebay looking for a bike for there little one - they don't know what they are looking for and so only really go on looks - so do they buy a new cheaper bike or some thing that looks second hand but is up to the job ?

2~ kids that already have a cheap bmx from halford / chiwainesse type, and know have a bit of money that now they want to move up a gear

3~ older guys that want to bomb around on a bmx and look cool - they may know the name and can't afford a top brand - if priced right these bikes are cook to use as a daily rider - as they can be re-sprayed and brought back to life with some new bits and cool colours

4~ collectors - these guys know what they are looking at and what it's worth - they take into account the fact that the bike will have to be, cleaned - rechromed - re-sprayed - right parts hat will be hard to hunt down and cost
so they don't want to pay top price as there is more to work on afterwards - this is why when selling it is a high price for a high spec bike that they may never get what they paid for it, in doing it up in the first place

so where does you bike fit into this lot or how many boxes can you tick ?

you need to give it a wash and then picture it just right, as a dirty old shed will not give the impression that it is a good bike -

this will make a good rider for some one that needs a shop/pub runner and would look good with a new paint job

so for price i would say around the £50 mark on ebay with a good clean and the right picture

hope this helps ;)

Back