dp fire bird

now that is sweet :cool: love the DP's

great choice of colours there ;)

need a couple more shots please like of the two tone brakes - top tubes and how they look from above and the sweetly done two tone stem ;)

cheers B ;)

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":glmrbyuh said:
now that is sweet :cool: love the DP's

great choice of colours there ;)

need a couple more shots please like of the two tone brakes - top tubes and how they look from above and the sweetly done two tone stem ;)

cheers B ;)

chears bendy will take pics when weathers better #? i have changed it a bit today a new aero red seat a acs rotor acorn wheels pollished hubs to match the rest had to change the stem for rotor thats y i wnt the cable as i dnt wnt to wreck the dia compe cables and i like to change it back if can

Now that's a sweet looking DP.

I had one of these around 1994, paid 5 quid for an alomost mint condition frame and forks. Mine was a raw frame almost titanium looking, but goldish instead of blue, hard to describe. How gutted am I, seen a white one on ebay, £225 :x Had so many old school BMX's in the past, wish I would have kept hold of them now.

iamjacksmedullaoblongata":abrwelye said:
Now that's a sweet looking DP.

I had one of these around 1994, paid 5 quid for an alomost mint condition frame and forks. Mine was a raw frame almost titanium looking, but goldish instead of blue, hard to describe. How gutted am I, seen a white one on ebay, £225 :x Had so many old school BMX's in the past, wish I would have kept hold of them now.

that would be a rare gl ltd u had ther gutted for you mate

that would be a rare gl ltd u had ther gutted for you mate[/quote]

HaHa, such is life.

Main thing is I enjoyed it while I had it, beautiful ride, really light too. I remeber my first ride on it, and the first bunny hop. I was so stoked because I managed a lot more height.

Just trying to remember what components I had on it, all I can remember are some really light wheels on it with sealed bearings and holes drilled inbetween the spokes. Forgive my ingorance, only really remembered the bike today... What a blast from the past. I wonder if the guy i gave it to still has it.

if he as get it back quick a f/f like mine just went on ebay £400
those wheels ur on about would be proclass by mongoose
my bike dnt look like that now i keep swaping and changing parts but is a nice ride and i just cruise on it i like the attention :LOL:

Yeah it was a Firebird Freestyler. Had a plate at the back where the brake bolted on with DP cut out. No decals on it though. I didn't even know what it was at the time.

I wonder how much a GL LTD would fetch then?

Around that time, early to mid 90's I picked up no end of bikes from the local tip. Paid £3 for a Curtis, Castle I think it was, not sure. when I got it, it had been painted yellow and had electrical tape rings all over it. When I got all the paint off, the chromes was near perfect.

EDIT: Just remembered something about my DP. it had a cable routing hole in the top tube, and if I remember correctly the cable popped out underneath the rear break.

yeah thats the one dp cut out on the brake bridge
see if u can find some old photos of them
well the ltd will be worth a bit

Just had a dig through some photos and can't find a single one of my DP.

What's even weirder is, I can't find it on the DP UK website, or Google images. Damn, that must be one hell of a rare frame. I do know that it was deffinetly gold though, without a shadow of a doubt. I did see yours in the DP gallery though mate.

I, as well of many others on here would love to hear the story behind your DP. Where did you get it from? What have you done to it?

Back