A month of tuff work - a story - pic heavy !!!!

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

Senior Retro Guru
Well i got to start with a big thank you to charlie /southend styler - cos he found a add for burners from £20 - well i phoned the guy who was cleaning out his garage and being told by his other half that some bits had to go - well he said he had 3 bmx's from a time when he was into choppers and happened to pick up these three because he felt in the future some one might just want them (yup me), so he said he would send some pic's and would talk soon - well about a week or so i got the pic's and gave him a call - said i liked them and lets talk money ;)
well we agreed a price (tell you at the end) and just at that point my bloody car broke down :evil: said to him/Simon that it would be another week - well car had a fuel prob and would need a lead and talk to a laptop to get sorted (jap car needs jap lead and programme :roll: - still a on going thing now :x ) so next i asked my mate Steve if he and his van could get me over to Chatham from Guildford which is about 1 and a half hours drive - yup he said ;) just not this week or the week after :shock: :cry: - phoned Simon and he said he would keep them for me under a gentleman's agreement ;) - right 4 week and Steve was going to pick me up and i would have them in my hand - no i wouldn't :roll: not just yet as Steve let me down that week forgetting and doing a DJ set the night before and had no sleep :x
week 5 and we are off - just like his bloody sat nav :roll: dam thing kept jumping from road to road and just not the bloody one we were on :shock:
well got there in the end - Simon is a nice bloke and opened the garage for me to see some bikes at the back of a mess of boxes and other items

Right so three bmx's came out - my mate Steve know not to say any thing and keep a straight face

so out popped a Super tuff burner - a super early burner and a mag 20 pearl blue styler as well as a couple of grifters

so i paid - loaded up the bikes and off we went - it only took just 5 weeks from when i first phoned up to getting them back home - at time i thought he might sell them to some one else - i would never get them in my car - they would be worse than i thought - but all turned alright in the end ;)

the three bmx's and two grifters + a set of mini bars and SR stem and a grifter seat all cost me

£120
;) for all - a nice sweet deal me thinks :grin: - and also after missing out on the mk2 ST that got burnt in the shed fire of another mates mishaps :roll:

so here's some picure's of what i got - i've not cleaned any thing yet ;)

SUPER TUFF BURNER
SNC10205.jpg

SNC10208.jpg

SNC10211.jpg

SNC10207.jpg

SNC10206.jpg

SNC10209.jpg

SNC10213.jpg

SNC10210.jpg

SNC10215.jpg

SNC10214.jpg

SNC10212.jpg

SNC10216.jpg

SNC10220.jpg

SUPER BURNER (with some odd parts - OGK's)

SNC10222.jpg

SNC10226.jpg

SNC10228.jpg

SNC10231.jpg

SNC10225.jpg

SNC10230.jpg

SNC10224.jpg

SNC10227.jpg

MAG 20 PEARL LIGHT BLUE

SNC10232.jpg

SNC10234.jpg

SNC10237.jpg

SNC10238.jpg

SNC10235.jpg

SNC10233.jpg

SNC10236.jpg

SNC10239.jpg

GRIFTER RED

SNC10263.jpg

GRIFTER BLUE

SNC10264.jpg

Well i'm keeping the Super Tuff - but will be selling the other's - ASH has first dibs on the bmx's as he would like them for his collection - if he doesn't go for them then i will sell them whole - if they don't sell then i will split/brake them ;)

cheers B ;)

Back