The Build Begins

losidan

Senior Retro Guru
The last couple of weeks I have been swaying between getting a 4x mtb and building an OS legal race series bike...I got offered a Haro RS2 on radbmx for what I thought was an absolute bargain so decided enough thinking..time for action...So..OS bmx it is.
This is my frame and forks: (Tis a pic fully built from previous owner as I aint got any yet)
harors2.jpg

I'll be adding a pair of 180mm redline flights I have a pair of well used odessey pedals for BITD:
b2.jpg

b.jpg

I am also planning to clean up my tired old mk2 kneesavers using the coke and foil trick....Dia bulldog caliper brake with a Dia Compe Lever.
I bought a Haro Layback from gaybay the other night too......

I was thinking maybe a GT Mallet stem or failing that use the mongoose one off my hooligan for now.....

Wheels, well till I can afford some nice OS ones I think I'll be using the wheels from my FMF with the new comp 3's I have just slapped on:
fmbike.jpg

I am the first to admit that most of my kit is not exactly mint but then again it is going to be a rider :D

if it's for a rider you just got to put what you like on it as this is the best way it can be built for fun and to tear up the track - it's gonna bring back a lot of memory's from the old days just being on the bmx :cool:

sorry guys MTB's are cool and ok but will never beat the fun of riding a bmx :twisted: some thing about it just make you a kid again - being free and not a worry ;)

the HARO should be a sweet ride with a good geometry - but you might find the GT mallet a bit heavy - depends if you just want the front light

keep up the pic's as it goes on ;)

Back