My "Vegan" Burner

vegan

Dirt Disciple
So here is my custom MkII Raleigh Burner, dubbed the "Vegan Burner"

This was my first OS bike build that involved sourcing parts, repro pads and decals - I have learnt a lot from this and my future builds are going to be a lot more professional

DSCF6170.jpg

DSCF6229.jpg

DSCF6250.jpg

DSCF6161.jpg

That is great, real nice project.

Guess you're something to do with the Raleigh Burner forum. Would love to get my old Raleigh Burner GS back up and running :D

Looks like quite a nice burner collection. Got any team burner pics?

What are your thoughts on the new burners? Fitting tribute or sacrelige?

Yeah - this has been my first complete resto although custom - the thing about burners is that people want to do them as custom more than any other OS bmx

I am part of RaleighBurner.com and RadBMX.co.uk too - it's great to see so many different OS bikes.

My thought on the new Raleigh Burner are not to be expressed on a forum where there may be children present - suffice to say I don't like it at all.

as for the pictures of team burners ;) where to begin

DSC00985-1.jpg

4.jpg

bmxoldschool359.jpg

I think Sylvain has got one he wants to sell .

I like the first ones . When i bought my Sunn , I was debating wether to take one instead .

John":tcf8yke0 said:
Guess you're something to do with the Raleigh Burner forum. Would love to get my old Raleigh Burner GS back up and running :D

If you want me to resto it for you, I would be happy to

Those team burners are ace.

The burner is buried in my parent's shed. i'll try and did it out over Christmas :D

Not for sale tho' may have a word about doing a resto on it though

vegan":3are9ndb said:
Sweet - where are you? UK?

Yeah. UK.

Think the bike is orignial apart from rear tyre which I wrecked doing skids down a big hill. The folly of youth. :oops:
Any ideas on where the GS sat in the range. From memory it wasn't too bad and was around just before the oval tubed bikes.

Still more interestingly what was the vegan burner before the restore? Take it you had in re-chromed? Repro decals. Looks the ticket for sure.

Also wasn't there an aero tubed team burner?

The vegan burner before the restore looked like this: A MkII Super Burner

DSCF5130.jpg

It had a "Superchrome" finish which is a gold lacquer - that really preserved the chrome underneath - it was flaking off when i got it and so I stripped it all down - didn't need a re-chrome although I would love to if i could afford it as it has some gouges/nicks in places.

The Aero Tubed team burner was a Team Aero Pro - as pictured in the other section. Frames were made by Tange BITD.

Trying to dig up some info on the Burner GS for you

Back